Edge, Music

A$AP Ferg and Cash Cash to perform at Homecoming concert

Hurricane Productions announced Oct. 10 that A$AP Ferg and Cash Cash will be UM’s 2017 Homecoming performers.

Harlem-born rapper A$AP Ferg is known for his affiliation in the rap collective A$AP Mob alongside popular artists A$AP Rocky and A$AP Nast. He is known for songs such as “Shabba” and “Work,” as well as the hit single “Plain Jane” from his newly released album, “Still Striving.”

“HP concerts was determined on a rap headliner, someone current,” HP concerts chair Kyle Gordon said. “Ferg released an album in August with features on the album inlcuding Migos, Playboi Carti, Snoop Dogg and more.”

The other homecoming headliner is Cash Cash, an electronic music group from New Jersey. The group consists of three DJs – brothers Jean and Alex Makhoulf and Samuel Frisch.

The EDM group rose to prominence with its recent hit “All My Love,” featuring pop singer Conor Maynard. The song already has over 40 million streams on Spotify.

“We also wanted to bring a pop/dance atmosphere as well,” Gordon said. “Cash Cash was the perfect fit for this because their music creates an enthusiastic vibe.”

Featured photo courtesy Flickr user swimfinfan.

Shellie Frai

Shellie Frai can be reached via email at shelliefrai@gmail.com or on Twitter at @fraishellie.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...