Edge, Music

A$AP Ferg and Cash Cash to perform at Homecoming concert

Hurricane Productions announced Oct. 10 that A$AP Ferg and Cash Cash will be UM’s 2017 Homecoming performers.

Harlem-born rapper A$AP Ferg is known for his affiliation in the rap collective A$AP Mob alongside popular artists A$AP Rocky and A$AP Nast. He is known for songs such as “Shabba” and “Work,” as well as the hit single “Plain Jane” from his newly released album, “Still Striving.”

“HP concerts was determined on a rap headliner, someone current,” HP concerts chair Kyle Gordon said. “Ferg released an album in August with features on the album inlcuding Migos, Playboi Carti, Snoop Dogg and more.”

The other homecoming headliner is Cash Cash, an electronic music group from New Jersey. The group consists of three DJs – brothers Jean and Alex Makhoulf and Samuel Frisch.

The EDM group rose to prominence with its recent hit “All My Love,” featuring pop singer Conor Maynard. The song already has over 40 million streams on Spotify.

“We also wanted to bring a pop/dance atmosphere as well,” Gordon said. “Cash Cash was the perfect fit for this because their music creates an enthusiastic vibe.”

Featured photo courtesy Flickr user swimfinfan.

Shellie Frai

Shellie Frai can be reached via email at shelliefrai@gmail.com or on Twitter at @fraishellie.

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami became just the second Hurricanes playe ...

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team dropped the opening set befo ...

Miami track and field punched three more tickets to the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships on the final ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...