Edge, Music

A$AP Ferg and Cash Cash to perform at Homecoming concert

Hurricane Productions announced Oct. 10 that A$AP Ferg and Cash Cash will be UM’s 2017 Homecoming performers.

Harlem-born rapper A$AP Ferg is known for his affiliation in the rap collective A$AP Mob alongside popular artists A$AP Rocky and A$AP Nast. He is known for songs such as “Shabba” and “Work,” as well as the hit single “Plain Jane” from his newly released album, “Still Striving.”

“HP concerts was determined on a rap headliner, someone current,” HP concerts chair Kyle Gordon said. “Ferg released an album in August with features on the album inlcuding Migos, Playboi Carti, Snoop Dogg and more.”

The other homecoming headliner is Cash Cash, an electronic music group from New Jersey. The group consists of three DJs – brothers Jean and Alex Makhoulf and Samuel Frisch.

The EDM group rose to prominence with its recent hit “All My Love,” featuring pop singer Conor Maynard. The song already has over 40 million streams on Spotify.

“We also wanted to bring a pop/dance atmosphere as well,” Gordon said. “Cash Cash was the perfect fit for this because their music creates an enthusiastic vibe.”

Featured photo courtesy Flickr user swimfinfan.

Shellie Frai

Shellie Frai can be reached via email at shelliefrai@gmail.com or on Twitter at @fraishellie.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...