Edge, Fashion, Football, UM-FSU

What to wear to the UM vs. FSU football game

Florida temperatures and humidity are high rain or shine. Whether you end up watching the intense football game from the stands or from the comfort of your home, support the Canes by sporting stylish green and orange ensembles.

The Wonder Woman effect

If Wonder Woman can save the world in a crown, tiny skirt and stilettos, you can definitely don them on game day. Pair a simple hunter green skirt with a silky orange shirt and strappy sandals for a feminine look. Rock a blunt orange lip and polarized green aviators to complete the look.

girly.jpg

En Vogue

Though not the most practical for the occasion, this look is undeniably the most fashion-forward. Bring the runway to life by pairing some of this year’s top trends, with an off-the-shoulder top, wide-legged culottes and embroidered slip-ons. Pair with an all-white clutch and green-lensed sunglasses for a polished look.

fashionforward.jpg

For a rainy day

Pair an orange raincoat with distressed black shorts and classic high top converse (that you don’t mind getting a little messy) for a chic yet waterproof outfit. If the rain jacket seems a bit bulky, pair a vintage UM tee with ripped jeans, a hat, an umbrella and green rain boots.

Rainy.jpg

The super fan

Be the ultimate Hurricane fan by piling on all the orange, green and UM gear you can find. Pair a Miami sports bra with a UM visor or hat and shorts for a sweat-proof look. Try an oversized UM jersey to wear as a dress or over distressed shorts. Don’t forget the UM socks and fanny pack to finish it off.

superfan.jpg

Something to wear when there’s nothing to wear

Put on those green shorts you have left over from St. Patrick’s day last year. Break out that one orange shirt you only wear in October, and go buy a pair of $8 socks from the school bookstore. Add some of your leftover green gift ribbon to your hair for a cute, festive touch.

nothingtowear.jpg

Jordan Lewis

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.