V's Take

V’s Guide to Ghosting

It’s happened to the best of us – you’re talking to a delicious dude or foxy female and things are going well … or so you think. Then they just stop responding.

Nothing. Radio silence.

This one’s hitting V close to home right now – my bootylicious Bumble date blocked me on text and social media after we hung out Saturday. My short (I’m not talking about time) but satisfying happy ending turned sour in a flash.

It’s probably for the best – I keep telling myself – because he was super shady and probably had warrants out for his arrest, based on the lack of personal info he shared. But still, it sucks and makes you wonder what you did wrong.

Too much teeth? Not enough teeth? Did he not want my finger in there? Did he not want his finger in there? Did my whale-like moans remind him of a childhood trip to SeaWorld gone wrong? Was he into it?

If you really want to find out, there are some pretty creative ways to reach out to your long lost lover if they’ve blocked you. Just remember stalking and harassment is illegal so don’t take it too far. Here are some of my favorites:

Venmo: They probably didn’t block you on Venmo, unless money was a central issue in your short-lived fling. A penny can get you a lot of attention, especially if you make it public so their friends can see. I call this Operation Petty Penny.

Spotify: Much like Venmo, you probably aren’t blocked. Make a creative playlist to ask for forgiveness or end things for good. You can even spell out a message with the song titles.

Carrier Pigeon: You can’t block physical correspondence. Isn’t old-fashioned love romantic?

I’m not going to lie – I’ve ghosted people, but it’s probably just because most of the guys I talk to are having a perpetual 2007 Britney moment.

Just remember, ghosting is like karma: for every time you ghost someone, you’ll probably get ghosted back. At least that’s how I hope it works.

Have a question for V? Email dearv@themiamihurricane.com.

V'S Take

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...