Athletics, Soccer, Sports, Tennis, Volleyball

Miami soccer, volleyball and tennis all make changes to schedule

Three different Canes’ sports have either postponed or canceled scheduled events after Hurricane Irma ravaged South Florida.

Hurricanes soccer (4-2) was set to travel to face Syracuse on Sept. 15, but the match has been postponed. The game will be rescheduled once the two programs can confirm a mutually agreeable date.

The undefeated Hurricanes volleyball team (6-0) were preparing to host James Madison, Auburn and South Alabama for the UM/FIU Invitational Sept. 15-16, but the tournament was canceled and will not be rescheduled. The Canes will return to action Sept. 22 against Virginia Tech.

Miami tennis confirmed it will not participate in the Duke Bonk Invitational, which was supposed to be the team’s opening competition for the 2017-2018 season. As a result, the Canes’ scheduled trip to North Carolina for the weekend of Sept. 15 has been canceled.

More information will be given about the status of Hurricanes sports as the university continues its process to fully reopen campus.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

We examined where UM stands with defensive recruiting, by position, in this piece. Here’s a look at ...

Lakeland, for the most part, has always been Florida Gators country. Florida has been able to rely o ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is receiving strong consideration for the head ...

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...