Athletics, Football, Sports

Hurricanes set to practice in Orlando to get ready for Toledo

In preparation for their face-off against Toledo on Sept. 23, the No. 14-ranked Miami Hurricanes have already planned where they will be practicing for the next week.

UM announced Thursday that the team will practice at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida, until further notice. Classes aren’t set to begin at the school until Sept. 25.

Miami’s athletic department chose to “mobilize the Hurricanes to Orlando as campus leadership and emergency crews continue to assess the damage to the Coral Gables campus.”

Because of the effects of Hurricane Irma, which has left millions of Florida homes without power, many Canes players and coaches made the decision to travel to Orlando on Tuesday, where they could work out and go over plays. Some players are still in their out-of-state homes with their families since evacuating Miami last week.

The athletic department says it will announce information regarding practice schedules in the coming days. The practices will not be open to the public, but there will be media availability.

The Hurricanes haven’t practiced since Sept. 5.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...