Football, Sports, UM-FSU

FSU and Georgia Tech football games rescheduled

The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced that two conference football games will be rescheduled due to the impacts of Hurricane Irma: the FSU away game has been pushed back three weeks to Saturday, Oct. 7, and Georgia Tech at Miami has been rescheduled for Saturday, Oct. 14.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is feeling the effects of Hurricane Irma,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “As important as football is to all of us, these kinds of events provide perspective when you’re talking about life-threatening events and the aftermath ramifications.

The much-anticipated UM-FSU rivalry game, along with the school-sponsored away trip for 85 students, was originally scheduled for next weekend, on Saturday, Sept. 16. Tallahassee is also expected to be affected by Hurricane Irma later this week.

The Georgia Tech game in Miami was originally scheduled for two days earlier, on Thursday, Oct. 12.

Earlier this week, the Miami game at Arkansas State for this weekend was canceled. Due to a lack of mutual open weekends, the non-conference game will not be rescheduled this season.

Featured photo courtesy Atlantic Coast Conference.

Jackie Yang

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...