Football, Sports, UM-FSU

FSU and Georgia Tech football games rescheduled

The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced that two conference football games will be rescheduled due to the impacts of Hurricane Irma: the FSU away game has been pushed back three weeks to Saturday, Oct. 7, and Georgia Tech at Miami has been rescheduled for Saturday, Oct. 14.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is feeling the effects of Hurricane Irma,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “As important as football is to all of us, these kinds of events provide perspective when you’re talking about life-threatening events and the aftermath ramifications.

The much-anticipated UM-FSU rivalry game, along with the school-sponsored away trip for 85 students, was originally scheduled for next weekend, on Saturday, Sept. 16. Tallahassee is also expected to be affected by Hurricane Irma later this week.

The Georgia Tech game in Miami was originally scheduled for two days earlier, on Thursday, Oct. 12.

Earlier this week, the Miami game at Arkansas State for this weekend was canceled. Due to a lack of mutual open weekends, the non-conference game will not be rescheduled this season.

Featured photo courtesy Atlantic Coast Conference.

Jackie Yang

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...