Edge, Music

How to score cheap tickets to Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN. Tour concert

kendrick-lamar-damn.jpg

Photo courtesy The Independent.

After 36 shows, eight weeks on the road and four weeks as No. 1 on the Billboard 200 charts, Kendrick Lamar is ending his DAMN. Tour Sept. 2 at the American Airlines Arena in Miami.

K Dot is no stranger to Miami. He performed earlier this summer at hip-hop and rap festival Rolling Loud at Bayfront Park. However, his DAMN. concert is drastically different from his performance at the festival, which featured only a two singles from the album.

Kung Fu Kenny has dominated stages across the United States. His hour-and-a-half show includes performances of his newest hits “DNA.” and “HUMBLE.,” as well as songs from past albums, such as “Swimming Pools.”

Lamar has expressed his appreciation to fans on the tour; he even gifted a car to a disabled fan to help her get around easier at his Dallas concert.

D.R.A.M. opened the show, but his past co-headliner, Travis Scott, is no longer along for the ride. Lamar replaced him with rapper YG. The DAMN. Tour is filled with famous faces; Lamar’s previous shows featured J. Cole, Chance The Rapper and 2 Chainz.

The concert at the 21,000-seat arena is not sold-out yet. On ticketmaster.com, a floor ticket in the section closest to the stage (floor 3), is going for $278. When Coldplay performed at this arena, the same seats went for almost $1,000.

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 1.51.37 PM.png

Photo courtesy Ticketmaster.

For cheaper tickets, a website like SeatGeek is a good option. This site sells tickets second-hand at a lower price. On the site, floor 3 tickets are $257.

Check out more secondhand ticket websites, such as cheaptickets.com, tickpick.com and bargainseatsonline.com, for affordable tickets to see the artist the BET Awards called the “best hip-hop artist of the year.”

Lamar will also perform Sept. 1 in Tampa, Florida, at the Amalie Arena. Tickets to that show are cheaper by $20 to $30 dollars but are selling out faster than the Miami show.

Not ready to spend that much money? Listen to his latest album here.

Shellie Frai

Shellie Frai can be reached via email at shelliefrai@gmail.com or on Twitter at @fraishellie.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...