Edge, Fashion

Fall fashion cool enough for the Miami heat

To everyone itching for the season to change so you can break out your fall wardrobe, don’t let the weather discourage you. It may be 95 degrees outside, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fall in your closet. Here are five ways to rock autumn’s hottest trends when the weather’s trending hotter.

Primary Flair

The days when fall meant burgundies and browns are gone. This year’s cooler season is all about bright, primary colors. Pair a cropped, bell-sleeved top in blue with daring yellow trousers. These open-toed mules and circular bag are the best accessories for the transition between summer and fall.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 8.52.04 PM.png

Holy Shift

Whether you’re headed to class or a classy date, this sixties shift dress is the perfect, versatile piece. The gingham print is summery when paired with sandals and a wicker bag, but if you add a mod clutch and booties, it’s amazingly fall. Finish it off with a wine-stained lip color for an extra autumn feel.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 8.56.09 PM.png

Power Clash

Smash the old taboo about clashing colors and rock a ruffled-sleeve top in burnt orange with a structural pair of cherry-red shorts. Amplify the seventies vibes with a pair of Bowie-esque silver boots and a furry, mustard-color clutch. The only thing missing is a sweet guitar solo.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 10.34.37 PM.png

Wide Not?

Sayonara, skinny jeans, the nineties skate-vibe is back in style. Don some wide-leg denim with a unique white trim and pair it with classic checkerboard vans. Sticking with this fall’s primary color trend, add pops of red with this Rolling Stones tee and graffiti Gucci tote.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 6.51.17 PM.png

Naughty Aughts

Who knew the early aughts would make a comeback so soon. Channel the early 2000s with these skinny red sunglasses and a matching black and white plaid set that’s straight out of “Clueless.” If it’s a bit too Cher Lloyd for you, edge up the look with a mustard-colored saddle bag and black patent boots.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 7.20.14 PM.png

Haley Walker

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...