Edge, Fashion

Fall fashion cool enough for the Miami heat

To everyone itching for the season to change so you can break out your fall wardrobe, don’t let the weather discourage you. It may be 95 degrees outside, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fall in your closet. Here are five ways to rock autumn’s hottest trends when the weather’s trending hotter.

Primary Flair

The days when fall meant burgundies and browns are gone. This year’s cooler season is all about bright, primary colors. Pair a cropped, bell-sleeved top in blue with daring yellow trousers. These open-toed mules and circular bag are the best accessories for the transition between summer and fall.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 8.52.04 PM.png

Holy Shift

Whether you’re headed to class or a classy date, this sixties shift dress is the perfect, versatile piece. The gingham print is summery when paired with sandals and a wicker bag, but if you add a mod clutch and booties, it’s amazingly fall. Finish it off with a wine-stained lip color for an extra autumn feel.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 8.56.09 PM.png

Power Clash

Smash the old taboo about clashing colors and rock a ruffled-sleeve top in burnt orange with a structural pair of cherry-red shorts. Amplify the seventies vibes with a pair of Bowie-esque silver boots and a furry, mustard-color clutch. The only thing missing is a sweet guitar solo.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 10.34.37 PM.png

Wide Not?

Sayonara, skinny jeans, the nineties skate-vibe is back in style. Don some wide-leg denim with a unique white trim and pair it with classic checkerboard vans. Sticking with this fall’s primary color trend, add pops of red with this Rolling Stones tee and graffiti Gucci tote.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 6.51.17 PM.png

Naughty Aughts

Who knew the early aughts would make a comeback so soon. Channel the early 2000s with these skinny red sunglasses and a matching black and white plaid set that’s straight out of “Clueless.” If it’s a bit too Cher Lloyd for you, edge up the look with a mustard-colored saddle bag and black patent boots.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 7.20.14 PM.png

Haley Walker

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...