Edge, Television

The pressing questions the “Game of Thrones” finale must answer

In a few hours, fans from across the globe will be sitting down to view the last episode of the second to the last season of the HBO hit, “Game of Thrones.”

The episode that aired last week, “Beyond the Wall,” which lasted an epic hour and twenty minutes, made up for the news that the season was being cut short at only seven episodes.

After Jon and friends journeyed beyond the wall in an attempt to kidnap a single White Walker as proof of their existence, Daenerys Targaryen swooped in to save the day and burned a considerable amount of the Night King’s army. Then, the Night King was able to throw a spear and add one of the dragons to his army.

It’s safe to expect a battle between the living armies of Westeros and the army of the dead in the episode tonight.

If paying close attention to the subtleties of the last episode there was a looming sexual tension between Jon Snow and Daenerys. The hand-holding and longing looks were slyly included.

However, with the surprising yet secretive news that they are related, watchers will be interested to see how that plays out in the last episode and if the truth will finally surface.

The season foreshadowed dramas to come like Littlefinger creating a rift between Sansa and Arya Stark, Jon and Daenerys Targaryen agreeing to fight the White Walkers together and Euron Greyjoy promising Cersei Lannister to win her over with a “priceless” gift.

It is safe to say the season seven finale will undoubtedly be one for the books.

Featured photo courtesy Helen Sloan, HBO.

Isabella Abdullah

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...