Football, Sports

Hurricanes ranked No. 18 in AP Top 25 Poll

For the first time since 2010 and the second time since 2006, the Miami Hurricanes football team is ranked in the top 25 of the Preseason AP Poll. The Canes come in at No. 18.

UM finds itself two spots ahead of its final AP ranking last season. After its 31-14 victory over West Virginia in the Russell Athletic Bowl, Miami finished at the No. 20 spot.

Three other Florida teams made it onto the list, including No. 3 Florida State, No. 17 University of Florida and No. 19 University of South Florida. Only the Seminoles are on the Hurricanes’ schedule. They will face off in week 3 of the 2017 season.

Miami is in the midst of making a starting quarterback decision, with head coach Mark Richt saying he will make his choice on Tuesday.

The Canes’ season opener will be at home against Bethune-Cookman. The matchup is set for a 12:30 p.m. start on Sept. 2 at Hard Rock Stadium.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...