Football, Sports

Hurricanes ranked No. 18 in AP Top 25 Poll

For the first time since 2010 and the second time since 2006, the Miami Hurricanes football team is ranked in the top 25 of the Preseason AP Poll. The Canes come in at No. 18.

UM finds itself two spots ahead of its final AP ranking last season. After its 31-14 victory over West Virginia in the Russell Athletic Bowl, Miami finished at the No. 20 spot.

Three other Florida teams made it onto the list, including No. 3 Florida State, No. 17 University of Florida and No. 19 University of South Florida. Only the Seminoles are on the Hurricanes’ schedule. They will face off in week 3 of the 2017 season.

Miami is in the midst of making a starting quarterback decision, with head coach Mark Richt saying he will make his choice on Tuesday.

The Canes’ season opener will be at home against Bethune-Cookman. The matchup is set for a 12:30 p.m. start on Sept. 2 at Hard Rock Stadium.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...