Football, Sports

Hurricanes ranked No. 18 in AP Top 25 Poll

For the first time since 2010 and the second time since 2006, the Miami Hurricanes football team is ranked in the top 25 of the Preseason AP Poll. The Canes come in at No. 18.

UM finds itself two spots ahead of its final AP ranking last season. After its 31-14 victory over West Virginia in the Russell Athletic Bowl, Miami finished at the No. 20 spot.

Three other Florida teams made it onto the list, including No. 3 Florida State, No. 17 University of Florida and No. 19 University of South Florida. Only the Seminoles are on the Hurricanes’ schedule. They will face off in week 3 of the 2017 season.

Miami is in the midst of making a starting quarterback decision, with head coach Mark Richt saying he will make his choice on Tuesday.

The Canes’ season opener will be at home against Bethune-Cookman. The matchup is set for a 12:30 p.m. start on Sept. 2 at Hard Rock Stadium.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Women’s soccer World Cup champion Megan Rapinoe urged University of Miami students to fight for equa ...

Engineering and business professors met with officials from the City of North Bay Village and Miami- ...

University of Miami and Miami Dade County Public Schools educators say bringing mental health inform ...

The School of Architecture and College of Engineering are offering new master’s programs to train th ...

Ian Diaz Brannon is the recipient of the Jenkins Scholarship, a full-tuition scholarship awarded to ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.