Edge, Music

Keep festival season alive with premier summer shows

Even though Coachella, Okeechobee and Ultra are already in the books for 2017, that doesn’t mean festival season is anywhere close to being over. The rest of the year is packed with a wide array of festivals ready to please diverse musical tastes, right here in Florida and across the U.S.

SunFest

A smaller festival by most metrics, SunFest is perhaps closer to a block party than anything else. Taking place along the Intracoastal Waterway in West Palm Beach from May 3-7, SunFest features art, food, drinks and, of course, music. This year’s line-up spans genres and eras alike, with some of the most notable acts including Blink-182, Weezer, Marshmello, Macklemore, Snoop Dogg and Dirty Heads.

Rolling Loud

Having sold 40,000 three-day passes for this year’s iteration of Miami’s premiere hip-hop festival, Rolling Loud is sure to make some noise as it comes to Bayfront Park for the first time May 5-7. The selection of artists is truly unprecedented for any fans of the genre, featuring some of the biggest rap icons the world has to offer, like Kendrick Lamar, Future, Lil Wayne, A$AP Rocky, Travis Scott and Young Thug.

Bonnaroo

Since 2002, music fans have been flocking to Manchester, Tennessee for this iconic festival. Taking place this year from June 8-11, Bonnaroo is host to more than 100 different musical artists, as well as a handful of some of today’s prominent comedians. The line-up features the likes of U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Weeknd, Chance the Rapper, Hannibal Burress and Kyle Kinane.

Firefly

If you’re looking for a more rustic festival experience, camping out in the woods of Dover, Delaware for Firefly Music Festival, which runs June 15-18, might be your best option. Bring your tent, camper, or RV – or, spring for the Spruce Up Pass to gain access to additional amenities if you’re more used to the city life. Past years’ line-ups have included everyone from Deadmau5 to The Killers, with this year’s stage set to see the likes of Glass Animals, Twenty One Pilots, Bob Dylan and Muse.

Lollapalooza

Looking ahead to August now and moving right into the heart of Chicago, we see one of the most recognized music festivals of all time. Lollapalooza is borderline legendary, and with a fresh assortment of artists like hometown hero Chance the Rapper, Lorde, Rae Sremmurd, Arcade Fire and Migos, it’s bound to uphold that reputation this year.

Pitchfork Music Festival

Pitchfork is one of the most trusted names in music journalism, doling out some of the most authoritative album reviews on the web. Considering their role as curators, it’s no surprise that their annual music festival, taking place in Chicago, Illinois from July 14-16, boasts a line-up that’s as short as it is sweet. There are just more than 40 artists performing in total, but those ranks include the likes of LCD Soundsystem, Vince Staples, A Tribe Called Quest, The Avalanches and Solange.

Jon Vilardi

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...