Community, Edge, Food

Score free food from student organizations during finals

Final exams are full of stress, all-nighters and plenty of coffee and energy drinks. That said, there’s still that one beacon of hope for every college student – free food. Need a break from cramming or catching up on 500 pages of reading? Look no further. Here’s your guide to free eats this finals season.

Frozen Lemonade, Food Trucks, Iced Coffee, Oh My!

The grand slam of finals week. The big hurrah. Join Student Affairs for frozen lemonade, food truck vendors, donuts, iced coffee, Jamba Juice and ice cream. Need any more motivation to head over to the Green starting at noon May 1? Didn’t think so. It’s every stressed-out college student’s dream.

Donuts

Donut worry, be stress-free. Head over to the UC Patio from 1-2 p.m. May 1 to indulge your sweet tooth in some tasty donuts, courtesy of the Indian Students Association. Is it even possible to be worried while eating a donut with pink frosting and sprinkles?

Waffles and Ice Cream

What’s the only thing greater than chicken and waffles? Waffles and ice cream. Yes, you read that right. Run over to the Council of International Students and Organizations (COISO) in the Shalala Student Center room 210B from noon to 2 p.m. May 2 before the food runs out.

Lunch

The Graduate Student Association is at it again with free lunch. Join the organization 12:30-1:30 p.m. May 6 and enjoy a complimentary lunch while learning about the services and support UM offers to its graduate students.

Hannah Bourgeois

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...