Community, Edge, Food, Music, Theater

Weekend Watch: ‘Death & Harry Houdini,’ Canes Carnival 2017, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sick Puppies Comedy Charity Show, Japanese Spring Festival 2017

“Death & Harry Houdini”

Using dialogue and music, “Death & Harry Houdini” wills the famous magician back to life at the Arsht Center. Starting with his family life and ending with his final magic trick that stunned audiences, the play is known for selling out every time it comes to stage and for its breathtaking magic, beautiful sets and original music. Tickets start at $50.

7:30 p.m. April 27-28; 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. April 29; 4 p.m. April 30. Runs through May 21.

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami

305-949-6722

Canes Carnival 2017

Celebrate the last day of classes with Hurricane Productions in the annual Canes Carnival. There will be classic carnival rides that twist and spin and other carnival games throughout the day. There will also be a concert featuring Seeb and Slushii starting at 8 p.m. on the Green. The Rat will host ThinkFast Trivia from 4-6 p.m. and if students go to a certain number of events, they can win amazing prizes like a giant plush toy, an HP duffel bag and even a year’s supply of PizzaRev. Food vouchers are available to the first 2,000 students starting at 6 p.m., and attendance is free.

Noon to 11 p.m. April 28

The Rock at University of Miami

Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming to the AmericanAirlines Arena in what is sure to be a rockin’ concert. Some of their most famous songs include “Californication,” “Can’t Stop,” “Under the Bridge” and “Me and My Friends.” Formed in 1983, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have become a fundamental part of funk rock music, with hit songs produced in every decade since their founding. Tickets start at $155.

8 p.m. April 29

601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami

786-777-1000

Sick Puppies Comedy Charity Show

Sick Puppies will bring its comedy to Center Stage Performing Arts to help raise money for Planned Parenthood. Sick Puppies is a comedy company that began in 2012 that specializes in improv and stand-up. Tickets are $20, $15 if bought in advance, and all money donated will go to Planned Parenthood.

9-10:30 p.m. April 29

7200 West Camino Real, Ste. 330, Boca Raton

954-667-7735

Esther Ponce De Leon

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first dual match of the 2019 campaign Friday ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will open the 2019 dual season when it faces Stetson ...