News briefs

Hug the Lake 2017

When: 12 p.m. April 21

Where: Lake Osceola, Lakeside Patio

In honor of Earth Day, UMiami Random Acts of Kindness, a student organization aimed at spreading positivity across campus, will be hosting a daylong event during which students can learn about protecting the environment. Students will be able to “hug” the lake while interlocking arms with one another. The event will feature an art exhibit, prize ceremony and concert, featuring the students from the Frost School of Music.

March for Science Miami

When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 22

Where: Museum Park, 1075 Biscayne Blvd.

Following in the footsteps of the Women’s March, the March for Science will take place on Earth Day to advocate for the scientific community and raise awareness about policies that affect tax-funded scientific research. The event will begin with a rally and march at 11 a.m. at Museum Park, and a science expo will be held from 12 to 4 p.m. at Stephen P. Clark Government Center. Museum Park is accessible by taking the Metrorail to Government Center and boarding the Omni Loop Metromover. Visit sciencemarchmiami.org for more information.

Amanda Herrera

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.