News briefs

Hug the Lake 2017

When: 12 p.m. April 21

Where: Lake Osceola, Lakeside Patio

In honor of Earth Day, UMiami Random Acts of Kindness, a student organization aimed at spreading positivity across campus, will be hosting a daylong event during which students can learn about protecting the environment. Students will be able to “hug” the lake while interlocking arms with one another. The event will feature an art exhibit, prize ceremony and concert, featuring the students from the Frost School of Music.

March for Science Miami

When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 22

Where: Museum Park, 1075 Biscayne Blvd.

Following in the footsteps of the Women’s March, the March for Science will take place on Earth Day to advocate for the scientific community and raise awareness about policies that affect tax-funded scientific research. The event will begin with a rally and march at 11 a.m. at Museum Park, and a science expo will be held from 12 to 4 p.m. at Stephen P. Clark Government Center. Museum Park is accessible by taking the Metrorail to Government Center and boarding the Omni Loop Metromover. Visit sciencemarchmiami.org for more information.

Amanda Herrera

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...