Community, Edge, Food, Music, Television, Theater

Weekend Watch: Jersey Boys, Tortuga Music Festival, The Price is Right Live, Miami FC, Spring Garden Festival

Jersey Boys

This weekend at the Arsht Center, watch the making of musical history as four kids from New Jersey form one of the most iconic groups of the ’60s and ’70s. “Jersey Boys” follows Frankie Valli, Bob Guadio, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi as they discover themselves and their sound, eventually becoming one of the greatest and most eclectic groups in the industry: The Four Seasons. With fame, however, the band members need to decide what they want and if they should even stay together. $20 UTIX tickets are available for the April 6 performance. Tickets for the other days start at $29.

8 p.m. April 6-8, 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. April 9

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami

305-949-6722

Tortuga Music Festival

Tortuga Music Festival is a three-day event in which country, rock and roots music artists bring their craft to the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale. The festival works in conjunction with the Rock The Ocean Foundation to raise awareness for ocean conservation. This year, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton and Kenny Chesney are headlining the music festival. One-day general admission tickets cost $99 each.

April 7-9

Ft. Lauderdale Beach Park, Ft. Lauderdale

The Price is Right Live

The Coral Springs Center for the Arts presents the hit game show “The Price is Right Live!” In this interactive show, event-goers will get the chance to be part of one of the greatest game shows of a generation. People who are chosen to play some of the games will get the chance to win appliances, cars, and, of course, money. Even if not chosen, audience members can vicariously experience the strong emotions and try to help the players. Tickets start at $42.40.

7:30 p.m. April 6

2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs

954-344-5990

Miami FC

Watch soccer rivals Miami FC and New York Cosmos compete at FIU Stadium. The two teams played each other twice last year, in which Miami FC first lost in a close game and were then defeated 0-4. Since then, Miami FC has played the New York Cosmos once this year, winning 3-0. See if the Cosmos can make a comeback or if Miami FC has them figured out. Tickets start at $10.

7:30 p.m. April 8

11310 SW 17th St., Miami

305-371-9760

Spring Garden Festival

The Spring Garden Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden celebrates local cuisine and plants. During the festival, patrons can learn useful gardening tips for the summer season and try some of the local food Miami has to offer. There will also be the 38th annual Spring Plant Sale where people can purchase amazing local plants. Tickets are $25 for adults.

April 8-9

10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables

305-667-1651

Esther Ponce De Leon

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...