Community, Edge, Food, Music, Television, Theater

Weekend Watch: Jersey Boys, Tortuga Music Festival, The Price is Right Live, Miami FC, Spring Garden Festival

Jersey Boys

This weekend at the Arsht Center, watch the making of musical history as four kids from New Jersey form one of the most iconic groups of the ’60s and ’70s. “Jersey Boys” follows Frankie Valli, Bob Guadio, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi as they discover themselves and their sound, eventually becoming one of the greatest and most eclectic groups in the industry: The Four Seasons. With fame, however, the band members need to decide what they want and if they should even stay together. $20 UTIX tickets are available for the April 6 performance. Tickets for the other days start at $29.

8 p.m. April 6-8, 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. April 9

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami

305-949-6722

Tortuga Music Festival

Tortuga Music Festival is a three-day event in which country, rock and roots music artists bring their craft to the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale. The festival works in conjunction with the Rock The Ocean Foundation to raise awareness for ocean conservation. This year, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton and Kenny Chesney are headlining the music festival. One-day general admission tickets cost $99 each.

April 7-9

Ft. Lauderdale Beach Park, Ft. Lauderdale

The Price is Right Live

The Coral Springs Center for the Arts presents the hit game show “The Price is Right Live!” In this interactive show, event-goers will get the chance to be part of one of the greatest game shows of a generation. People who are chosen to play some of the games will get the chance to win appliances, cars, and, of course, money. Even if not chosen, audience members can vicariously experience the strong emotions and try to help the players. Tickets start at $42.40.

7:30 p.m. April 6

2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs

954-344-5990

Miami FC

Watch soccer rivals Miami FC and New York Cosmos compete at FIU Stadium. The two teams played each other twice last year, in which Miami FC first lost in a close game and were then defeated 0-4. Since then, Miami FC has played the New York Cosmos once this year, winning 3-0. See if the Cosmos can make a comeback or if Miami FC has them figured out. Tickets start at $10.

7:30 p.m. April 8

11310 SW 17th St., Miami

305-371-9760

Spring Garden Festival

The Spring Garden Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden celebrates local cuisine and plants. During the festival, patrons can learn useful gardening tips for the summer season and try some of the local food Miami has to offer. There will also be the 38th annual Spring Plant Sale where people can purchase amazing local plants. Tickets are $25 for adults.

April 8-9

10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables

305-667-1651

Esther Ponce De Leon

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...