Community, Edge, Food, Music, Television, Theater

Weekend Watch: Jersey Boys, Tortuga Music Festival, The Price is Right Live, Miami FC, Spring Garden Festival

Jersey Boys

This weekend at the Arsht Center, watch the making of musical history as four kids from New Jersey form one of the most iconic groups of the ’60s and ’70s. “Jersey Boys” follows Frankie Valli, Bob Guadio, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi as they discover themselves and their sound, eventually becoming one of the greatest and most eclectic groups in the industry: The Four Seasons. With fame, however, the band members need to decide what they want and if they should even stay together. $20 UTIX tickets are available for the April 6 performance. Tickets for the other days start at $29.

8 p.m. April 6-8, 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. April 9

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami

305-949-6722

Tortuga Music Festival

Tortuga Music Festival is a three-day event in which country, rock and roots music artists bring their craft to the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale. The festival works in conjunction with the Rock The Ocean Foundation to raise awareness for ocean conservation. This year, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton and Kenny Chesney are headlining the music festival. One-day general admission tickets cost $99 each.

April 7-9

Ft. Lauderdale Beach Park, Ft. Lauderdale

The Price is Right Live

The Coral Springs Center for the Arts presents the hit game show “The Price is Right Live!” In this interactive show, event-goers will get the chance to be part of one of the greatest game shows of a generation. People who are chosen to play some of the games will get the chance to win appliances, cars, and, of course, money. Even if not chosen, audience members can vicariously experience the strong emotions and try to help the players. Tickets start at $42.40.

7:30 p.m. April 6

2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs

954-344-5990

Miami FC

Watch soccer rivals Miami FC and New York Cosmos compete at FIU Stadium. The two teams played each other twice last year, in which Miami FC first lost in a close game and were then defeated 0-4. Since then, Miami FC has played the New York Cosmos once this year, winning 3-0. See if the Cosmos can make a comeback or if Miami FC has them figured out. Tickets start at $10.

7:30 p.m. April 8

11310 SW 17th St., Miami

305-371-9760

Spring Garden Festival

The Spring Garden Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden celebrates local cuisine and plants. During the festival, patrons can learn useful gardening tips for the summer season and try some of the local food Miami has to offer. There will also be the 38th annual Spring Plant Sale where people can purchase amazing local plants. Tickets are $25 for adults.

April 8-9

10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables

305-667-1651

Esther Ponce De Leon

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...