Crime and Safety, News

UM students arrested in prostitution sting

Two University of Miami students, 23-year-old Acacia Friedman and 21-year-old Maury Noun, were arrested on March 29 in a prostitution sting by the Coral Gables Police Department. A third student, Samara Charlotin, 19, was also arrested. Charlotin self-reported as a Florida International University student, but she appears on the UM student database, as do Friedman and Noun.

It all began when two undercover Coral Gables police officers negotiated a deal with Noun for a threesome with Friedman and Charlotin, according to the police report. Noun would make $3,000 and the women would make $5,000. Noun met with the officer at the Hotel Colonnade at 180 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Once the deal was secure, Noun led the officer to the room where Friedman and Charlotin were waiting. Another officer went in and handed the money over, negotiating to “go all the way” – have sex without a condom – with the two women.

Noun, who is originally from New Jersey and lives in Brickell, was arrested on four charges, including aiding or abetting prostitution. Friedman, a San Diego native, was charged with engaging in prostitution, and Charlotin was charged with engaging in prostitution and possession of marijuana and of a controlled substance.

The three have hearings scheduled for April 28. The university would not confirm whether Friedman and Noun were students and would not comment on the case as it is an ongoing investigation.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...