Crime and Safety, News

UM students arrested in prostitution sting

Two University of Miami students, 23-year-old Acacia Friedman and 21-year-old Maury Noun, were arrested on March 29 in a prostitution sting by the Coral Gables Police Department. A third student, Samara Charlotin, 19, was also arrested. Charlotin self-reported as a Florida International University student, but she appears on the UM student database, as do Friedman and Noun.

It all began when two undercover Coral Gables police officers negotiated a deal with Noun for a threesome with Friedman and Charlotin, according to the police report. Noun would make $3,000 and the women would make $5,000. Noun met with the officer at the Hotel Colonnade at 180 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Once the deal was secure, Noun led the officer to the room where Friedman and Charlotin were waiting. Another officer went in and handed the money over, negotiating to “go all the way” – have sex without a condom – with the two women.

Noun, who is originally from New Jersey and lives in Brickell, was arrested on four charges, including aiding or abetting prostitution. Friedman, a San Diego native, was charged with engaging in prostitution, and Charlotin was charged with engaging in prostitution and possession of marijuana and of a controlled substance.

The three have hearings scheduled for April 28. The university would not confirm whether Friedman and Noun were students and would not comment on the case as it is an ongoing investigation.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...