Community, Dance, Edge, Food, Music

Weekend Watch: Ultra Music Festival, Augusto Soledade Brazzdance, Miami-Dade County Fair, Miami Open, Bali Ha’I

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance (ASBD) will premiere “Think Blue” at the Arsht Center. Using contemporary dance, ASBD will perform brand-new choreography for its performance of “Think Blue.” Based on the book “Why the Sky is Far Away: A Nigerian Tale,” the performance will touch on the interactions between humans and nature. University of Miami students can use UTIX to purchase tickets for $20.

7:30 p.m. March 24-25

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Miami-Dade County Fair

The Miami-Dade County Fair, also known as the Youth Fair, will open for the 66th year in a row. The fair will have a variety of attractions and exhibits, including Ferris wheels, fast-paced rides, a petting zoo, acrobatic performances, street races and robots. There will be a concert featuring Skillet 8 p.m. March 25 on the Main Street stage. The opening parade will start 7 p.m. March 23 on the fairgrounds. General admission is $6 on March 23 and $10 per day after that.

March 23 to April 16

10901 SW 24 St.

305-223-7060

Miami Open

The Miami Open features some of the world’s best tennis players together at Crandon Park Tennis Center. The tournament began on March 20, and the second round of singles and doubles will begin Friday. This year, tennis players such as Angelique Kerber (2) and Venus Williams (11) will participate. The No. 3 men’s player, Stan Wawrinka, will also play, along with Rafael Nadal (6) and Roger Federer (10). Tickets vary by day starting at $30 on March 24. The tournament can also be viewed on the Tennis Channel and ESPN2.

March 20 to April 2

7300 Crandon Blvd.

305-442-3367

Bali Ha’i

The 23rd-Annual Bali Ha’i at The Kampong has food from Polynesian culture. There will be a silent auction, and food lovers can enjoy the delicacies as they explore the beautiful Tropical Botanical Gardens. Tickets start at $175.

5-8 p.m. March 26

4013 S. Douglas Rd.

305-442-7169

Esther Ponce De Leon

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Griffin Berkenfeld, a University of Miami senior and director of CaneStage’s upcoming production of ...

With public impeachment hearings set to begin Wednesday, University of Miami experts weigh in on wha ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced th ...

Miami head men's basketball coach Jim Larrañaga announced Wednesday the signing of consensus fo ...

Two members of the Miami women's tennis team earned spots in the Oracle/ITA singles rankings to ...

For the first time in over a decade a pair of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes ...

The No. 17/19 Miami women's basketball team downed North Florida, 78-55, in front of 4,017 fans ...