Community, Dance, Edge, Food, Music

Weekend Watch: Ultra Music Festival, Augusto Soledade Brazzdance, Miami-Dade County Fair, Miami Open, Bali Ha’I

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance (ASBD) will premiere “Think Blue” at the Arsht Center. Using contemporary dance, ASBD will perform brand-new choreography for its performance of “Think Blue.” Based on the book “Why the Sky is Far Away: A Nigerian Tale,” the performance will touch on the interactions between humans and nature. University of Miami students can use UTIX to purchase tickets for $20.

7:30 p.m. March 24-25

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Miami-Dade County Fair

The Miami-Dade County Fair, also known as the Youth Fair, will open for the 66th year in a row. The fair will have a variety of attractions and exhibits, including Ferris wheels, fast-paced rides, a petting zoo, acrobatic performances, street races and robots. There will be a concert featuring Skillet 8 p.m. March 25 on the Main Street stage. The opening parade will start 7 p.m. March 23 on the fairgrounds. General admission is $6 on March 23 and $10 per day after that.

March 23 to April 16

10901 SW 24 St.

305-223-7060

Miami Open

The Miami Open features some of the world’s best tennis players together at Crandon Park Tennis Center. The tournament began on March 20, and the second round of singles and doubles will begin Friday. This year, tennis players such as Angelique Kerber (2) and Venus Williams (11) will participate. The No. 3 men’s player, Stan Wawrinka, will also play, along with Rafael Nadal (6) and Roger Federer (10). Tickets vary by day starting at $30 on March 24. The tournament can also be viewed on the Tennis Channel and ESPN2.

March 20 to April 2

7300 Crandon Blvd.

305-442-3367

Bali Ha’i

The 23rd-Annual Bali Ha’i at The Kampong has food from Polynesian culture. There will be a silent auction, and food lovers can enjoy the delicacies as they explore the beautiful Tropical Botanical Gardens. Tickets start at $175.

5-8 p.m. March 26

4013 S. Douglas Rd.

305-442-7169

Esther Ponce De Leon

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes fell in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...