Community, Dance, Edge, Food, Music

Weekend Watch: Ultra Music Festival, Augusto Soledade Brazzdance, Miami-Dade County Fair, Miami Open, Bali Ha’I

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance

Augusto Soledade Brazzdance (ASBD) will premiere “Think Blue” at the Arsht Center. Using contemporary dance, ASBD will perform brand-new choreography for its performance of “Think Blue.” Based on the book “Why the Sky is Far Away: A Nigerian Tale,” the performance will touch on the interactions between humans and nature. University of Miami students can use UTIX to purchase tickets for $20.

7:30 p.m. March 24-25

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Miami-Dade County Fair

The Miami-Dade County Fair, also known as the Youth Fair, will open for the 66th year in a row. The fair will have a variety of attractions and exhibits, including Ferris wheels, fast-paced rides, a petting zoo, acrobatic performances, street races and robots. There will be a concert featuring Skillet 8 p.m. March 25 on the Main Street stage. The opening parade will start 7 p.m. March 23 on the fairgrounds. General admission is $6 on March 23 and $10 per day after that.

March 23 to April 16

10901 SW 24 St.

305-223-7060

Miami Open

The Miami Open features some of the world’s best tennis players together at Crandon Park Tennis Center. The tournament began on March 20, and the second round of singles and doubles will begin Friday. This year, tennis players such as Angelique Kerber (2) and Venus Williams (11) will participate. The No. 3 men’s player, Stan Wawrinka, will also play, along with Rafael Nadal (6) and Roger Federer (10). Tickets vary by day starting at $30 on March 24. The tournament can also be viewed on the Tennis Channel and ESPN2.

March 20 to April 2

7300 Crandon Blvd.

305-442-3367

Bali Ha’i

The 23rd-Annual Bali Ha’i at The Kampong has food from Polynesian culture. There will be a silent auction, and food lovers can enjoy the delicacies as they explore the beautiful Tropical Botanical Gardens. Tickets start at $175.

5-8 p.m. March 26

4013 S. Douglas Rd.

305-442-7169

Esther Ponce De Leon

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...