Campus Life, News

News Briefs 3/23

Whitely Women’s Leadership Symposium

The Whitely Women’s Leadership Symposium (WWLS) is an event aimed at empowering University of Miami students through interactive workshops, wellness classes and networking. The daylong event will highlight some of the triumphs and challenges women throughout the world experience. Students will learn skills to overcome common issues and develop leadership qualities. Students interested in attending the event must register by 5 p.m. March 23 through orgsync.com. Space is limited. Participants must wear business casual attire and bring gym clothes to change into.

When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 25

Where: Newman Alumni Center

Cost: Free, registration required

Puppies and Publications

UM students will be able to relax and escape their usual school day routine by playing with puppies on the green with The Miami Hurricane staff. This week’s publication will also be available for pickup at the event. Each of the puppies will be available for adoption.

When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 23

Where: UM Foote Green

Cost: Free

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

It’s a rule Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Nesta Silvera knew about already. But in no w ...

A quick update from University of Miami football practice No. 8, two days after the first fall scrim ...

That dangerous University of Miami defense that dominated last season? Still dominating — the first- ...

Please don’t call DeeJay Dallas a running back. On second thought, you can call him a running back, ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...