Campus Life, News

News Briefs 3/23

Whitely Women’s Leadership Symposium

The Whitely Women’s Leadership Symposium (WWLS) is an event aimed at empowering University of Miami students through interactive workshops, wellness classes and networking. The daylong event will highlight some of the triumphs and challenges women throughout the world experience. Students will learn skills to overcome common issues and develop leadership qualities. Students interested in attending the event must register by 5 p.m. March 23 through orgsync.com. Space is limited. Participants must wear business casual attire and bring gym clothes to change into.

When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 25

Where: Newman Alumni Center

Cost: Free, registration required

Puppies and Publications

UM students will be able to relax and escape their usual school day routine by playing with puppies on the green with The Miami Hurricane staff. This week’s publication will also be available for pickup at the event. Each of the puppies will be available for adoption.

When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 23

Where: UM Foote Green

Cost: Free

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Griffin Berkenfeld, a University of Miami senior and director of CaneStage’s upcoming production of ...

With public impeachment hearings set to begin Wednesday, University of Miami experts weigh in on wha ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced th ...

Miami head men's basketball coach Jim Larrañaga announced Wednesday the signing of consensus fo ...

Two members of the Miami women's tennis team earned spots in the Oracle/ITA singles rankings to ...

For the first time in over a decade a pair of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes ...

The No. 17/19 Miami women's basketball team downed North Florida, 78-55, in front of 4,017 fans ...