President Trump’s speech inspires the country to ‘feel great again’

This past week, President Trump went before a joint session of Congress to outline his legislative agenda for the future. This speech set Trump apart from his two previous predecessors by setting forth an agenda for the country that could be achieved by a bipartisan effort. His plan was something that America badly needed to hear in our politically divided atmosphere.

“American footprints on distant worlds are not too big a dream,” Trump said in his speech, which celebrated America’s 250 years of independence. “Cures to illnesses that have always plagued us are not too much to hope for.”

Trump remarked that the only way to accomplish these things was to protect people’s freedoms from unnecessary intrusion from governmental bureaucracy. The President also said he would want to serve all Americans, as “we all salute the same flag.”

Many around the country were stunned to hear his speech, but from true supporters the speech echoed the same words we heard throughout his campaign. As a supporter listening to his speech, it made me proud to see a president in my lifetime that could convey his words like Ronald Reagan and Theodore Roosevelt – with strength and empathy that lead to real policy. Like those past leaders of this country, Trump backs up his powerful speeches with real action for the people of this nation.

In the next few months, the president will face a challenge passing bills through a Congress that could best be described as lethargic. However, he will continue to make fiery speeches on the road to thousands of loyal supporters. Trump will enlighten all Americans about the common media coverage of him, encouraging them not to believe it. He will also tell us to embrace our neighbors to heal divisions, and thus set a path forward. Trump will do this by relying on the path he set forth to Congress, where he proved he was poised to make all of America great again, regardless of race or gender.

The president stated that he was the President of the United States and not of the world. On Tuesday night, he pledged that the government would no longer fund disastrous incursions into the international community, but instead allow the people to create the next great American decade.

Joseph Krupar is a freshman majoring in political science.

Featured image courtesy Flickr Chris Ballance

Joseph Krupar

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

The Miami track and field program is set to compete at the Tom Jones Memorial meet this weekend for ...

The No. 24 Hurricanes welcome ACC Coastal division foe Virginia Tech for a three-game series beginni ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...