Baseball, Basketball, Sports

Sports Roundup

Men’s basketball

The No. 25 Hurricanes look to bounce back after a tough loss to the Virginia Tech Hokies Monday night – the same day the team made it into the national rankings for the first time this season. In its regular-season finale, Miami travels to take on Florida State 4 p.m. Saturday in Tallahassee. With ACC and NCAA tournament seedings on the horizon, a victory here could make all the difference for UM.

Women’s basketball

Miami is set to take on Georgia Tech in the first round of the ACC Tournament 6 p.m. Thursday in South Carolina. The No. 16 Canes are the seventh seed, and the Yellow Jackets are the No. 10 seed. This will be the second-consecutive matchup between these two teams as the Hurricanes won their regular-season finale 75-70 against the Yellow Jackets.

Baseball

No. 17 UM will host Dartmouth College in this weekend’s series. The Hurricanes hope to have a better set of results than they did last weekend when they got swept by the No. 2 Florida Gators. The first pitches will be thrown 7 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday. All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

All games will take place at Mark Light Field.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...