Weekend Watch: Okeechobee Fest, ‘Annie,’ Miami Film Festival, Best of the Second City, Carnaval on the Mile

Okeechobee Fest

In its second year, Okeechobee Fest will bring great music to Sunshine Grove, a two-and-a-half hour drive north. The rock, indie, hip-hop and EDM festival will feature big-name artists, such as Kings of Leon, Mike Posner, Usher and the Roots, and Wiz Khalifa. The four-day Paradise Pass costs $279.50, not including fees and parking.

March 2-5

441 NE 160th St.

Okeechobee, Fla.

“Annie”

Tomorrow is only a day away as “Annie” arrives at the Arsht Center. In this Tony Award-winning musical, 11-year-old Annie lives in an orphanage, but she never loses her optimism and hope of one day reuniting with her family. Tickets start at $29. The University Village is funding 36 free tickets for the Saturday evening show with transportation on March 4.  Details and sign-ups for the wait list, which is open to non-UV residents, are available at the UV main office on Albenga Ave.

8 p.m. March 3, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. March 4, 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. March 5

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Miami Film Festival

The Miami Film Festival brings artists and film lovers together, and ticket sales help  fund projects by new filmmakers. Screenings include “Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer,” about a man played by Richard Gere who befriends a rising politician. Tickets for individual movies cost $10 for students. The films are screened at various locations throughout Miami.

March 3-12

305-237-3456

Best of the Second City

Originally made famous in different cities by comedians like Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell, The Second City comedy group is presenting “Best of the Second City” at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center. Prepare for top-notch improv and audience involvement. Tickets start at $35.

8 p.m. March 4

10950 SW 211th St.

786-573-5300

Carnaval on the Mile

Carnaval on the Mile has occurred annually since 1978 and celebrates all parts of Latin culture. During the festival, guests can dance, taste delicious food and gaze at Latin artwork. Calle Ocho finishes the event. Admission to Carnaval on the Mile is free. Food connoisseurs can RSVP on EventBrite for Cork and Fork for $50 food and wine tastings.

10 a.m. to 10 p.m. March 4-5

Between LeJeune and Douglas Road

305-644-8888