Art, Community, Edge, Food, Music, Theater

Weekend Watch: Carole King Musical, Miami Boat Show, Coconut Grove Arts Festival, Upright Citizens Brigade, For the Record Release Show, Kite Day

“Beautiful – The Carole King Musical”

A winner of two Tony Awards and a Grammy for Best Musical Theater Album, “Beautiful – The Carole King Musical” is playing at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The musical tells the story of renowned songwriter Carole King and how she broke into the music industry and rose to incredible success. Tickets start at $35.

8 p.m. Feb. 17, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Feb. 18, 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Feb. 19

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Miami International Boat Show

The annual Miami International Boat Show will take place at the Miami Marine Stadium Park and Basin. This five-day celebration will include a plethora of boats, ranging from beautiful race boats to huge yachts, as well as food,water and entertainment. Tickets are $40 for Thursday, and $25 for Saturday through Monday.

10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 16–20

3501 Rickenbacker Causeway

954-441-3220

Coconut Grove Arts Festival

The Coconut Grove Arts Festival takes place in mid-February every year, offering the best of Miami’s art. The different crafts are stationed in tents around Coconut Grove and include visual, culinary and performing arts. General admission for one day is $15.

Feb. 18–20

3390 Mary St.

305-447-0401

Upright Citizens Brigade

The Upright Citizens Brigade consists of a collection of talented comedians ready to make Miami laugh with their improv. Previous members include Amy Poehler, Jack McBrayer and Ed Helms. The brigade will perform at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center. Tickets start at $25 online or $30 on the day of the show.

7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Feb. 18

10950 SW. 211 St.

786-573-5300

“For the Record” Release Show

‘Cane Records proudly presents its newest compilation of University of Miami artists in its “For the Record Vol. II” Release Show. Go the Rathskeller to get a first-time listen to these amazing artists and peers. There is no charge for tickets, and CDs will be free.

7–9 p.m. Feb. 17

1330 Miller Dr.

305-284-6310

Kite Day

On its 25th Annual Kite Day, Haulover Park will have skies filled with kites of all sizes, shapes and colors. There will be live musical performances, kite-building classes, kite-flying competitions and food vendors. Guests can purchase a kite on-site. Admission is free, and parking is $7.

Noon to 5 p.m. Feb. 18 and Feb. 19

10800 Collins Ave.

305-893-0906

Esther Ponce De Leon

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...