Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

UM sets records in the Tiger Paw Invitational

The University of Miami track and field program featured record-setting performances for the men and women in its final stop of the regular indoor season at Clemson University for the Tiger Paw Invitational last weekend.
Sophomore Myles Valentine won the men’s 60m dash with a personal-best time of 6.65 seconds – a new school record. Former dual athlete and current Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Travis Benjamin initially set the record in 2011.
Senior Shakima Wimbley ran a 51.53 to not only win the women’s 400m dash but also set a new Clemson Indoor Track and Field Complex record. Georgia Tech’s Ashlee Kidd set the facility record back in 2006.
The No.15-ranked women’s track and field team continued to improve upon this season’s résumé. Kristina Knott ran a time of 7.40 seconds to finish third in the women’s 60m dash. Ebony Morrison won the women’s 60m hurdles with a season-best time of 8.13 seconds. Anne Den Otter ran the second-fastest time in school history and a new personal best in the women’s mile with a time of 4:53.71.
Next up for the track program is the 2017 ACC Indoor Track and Field Championships at the University of Notre Dame. The women’s team has the opportunity to defend its title from last season. The competition begins Feb. 23.

Chloe Harrison

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...