Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

UM sets records in the Tiger Paw Invitational

The University of Miami track and field program featured record-setting performances for the men and women in its final stop of the regular indoor season at Clemson University for the Tiger Paw Invitational last weekend.
Sophomore Myles Valentine won the men’s 60m dash with a personal-best time of 6.65 seconds – a new school record. Former dual athlete and current Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Travis Benjamin initially set the record in 2011.
Senior Shakima Wimbley ran a 51.53 to not only win the women’s 400m dash but also set a new Clemson Indoor Track and Field Complex record. Georgia Tech’s Ashlee Kidd set the facility record back in 2006.
The No.15-ranked women’s track and field team continued to improve upon this season’s résumé. Kristina Knott ran a time of 7.40 seconds to finish third in the women’s 60m dash. Ebony Morrison won the women’s 60m hurdles with a season-best time of 8.13 seconds. Anne Den Otter ran the second-fastest time in school history and a new personal best in the women’s mile with a time of 4:53.71.
Next up for the track program is the 2017 ACC Indoor Track and Field Championships at the University of Notre Dame. The women’s team has the opportunity to defend its title from last season. The competition begins Feb. 23.

Chloe Harrison

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...