Community, Dance, Edge, Music, Theater

Arsht UTIX program offers discounted tickets for college students

When searching for a quality performance in Miami, there’s no need to look further than the Adrienne Arsht Center. From musicals to ballet to circus performers, the Arsht offers it all. But how can students see those exclusive performances without emptying their wallets?

UTIX, the Arsht’s program that offers discounted tickets for students, has you covered. For those on a college budget, UTIX helps take advantage of the talent the Magic City has to offer. The program is open to all full-time students seeking a degree, and tickets are just $20.

Rochelle Prokupets, a junior chemistry major at UM, has enjoyed the benefits of UTIX.

“The Arsht UTIX program makes it easy and affordable to get tickets to a variety of performances. I’ve used UTIX to see The Piano Guys and The Cleveland Orchestra, both of which were incredible experiences,” Prokupets said.

Other performances that have been part of the UTIX program in the past include “The Book of Mormon,” “The Nutcracker,” comedian Mike Birbiglia and Cirque Éloize’s “iD.”

Arsht Vice President of Marketing Andrew Goldberg hopes more students will get involved with the program.

“We encourage your readers to get involved in the arts whenever possible,” Goldberg said. “Plus, it’s a great social night out. The Arsht Center has made it really affordable to try something new, and to try out different kinds of performances that can develop into a lifetime love of shows and concerts.”

For students who are interested in becoming involved, the process is easy. Students should first create an account on the Arsht website and add UTIX to the account. Then, the Arsht will send out emails when performances become available. Students can then sign up for programs in which they’re interested, print their tickets and bring their Cane IDs and tickets to the venue the day of the show.

Current Arsht shows eligible for UTIX include the Miami City Ballet, Bamberg Symphony, South Florida Symphony Orchestra and New World Symphony.

Shyamali Mahure

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Behavioral scientists establish a new mental health research center at the University of Miami to ha ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...