Art, Community, Dance, Edge, Food, Music

Weekend Watch: ‘The Fairy’s Kiss’ Ballet, Dave Chappelle, Wynwood Music and Art Festival, Garlic Fest, Festival Miami

Miami City Ballet Program Three: “The Fairy’s Kiss”

The Adrienne Arsht Center will host the Miami City Ballet. They will perform three acts: Walpurgisnacht, Polyphonia and the Fairy’s Kiss, choreographed by the famous Alexei Ratmansky. Students can purchase tickets through the UTIX program for $20.

8 p.m. Feb. 10 and Feb. 11, 2 p.m. Feb. 11

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Dave Chappelle

Dave Chappelle, famous comedian and creator of the “Chappelle Show,” will perform at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts. Chappelle will be performing never-before-seen material to ring in Valentine’s week. Tickets are $71.20, for mature audiences only.

7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Feb. 10

2855 Coral Springs Dr.

954-344-5990

Wynwood Music and Art Festival

The Wynwood Music and Art Festival includes music, artwork, food and entertainment. DJs will play live music at the Wynwood Yard until 2 a.m. Admission is free.

6 p.m. Feb. 11

56 NW. 29th St.

305-351-0366

South Florida Garlic Fest

For the 18th year in a row, John Prince Park will hold its annual Garlic Fest, the “best stinkin’ party in South Florida.” The festival has a main stage where artists will perform throughout the weekend, as well as a Gourmet Alley, where guests can try different foods and drinks. Advance prices for tickets are $10 for Friday or Saturday, while gate prices are $20. Sunday tickets are all $10.

5-11 p.m. Feb. 10, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Feb. 11, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Feb. 12

4759 S. Congress Ave.

561-966-6600

Festival Miami

Festival Miami ends this weekend. The Frost Symphony Orchestra will perform new music for the very first time during the concert, “Firsts!” Tickets for the Frost Symphony start at $20.

8 p.m. Feb. 10

1314 Miller Drive

305-384-4940

Esther Ponce De Leon

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

Bennie Blades will serve as host of the UMSHoF's Eighth Annual Celebrity Bowling Tournament, on ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...