Edge, Fashion

Flaunt your status with date-night outfits on Valentine’s Day

What are you wearing next Tuesday? Whether you’re in it for the long run, a short fling or perpetual singleness, you should celebrate this Valentine’s Day in style. These three looks will inspire you for any romance-related activities you have planned, be they dinner dates or boycotts.

THE LONG TERM

You’re in it for the long run, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stun sometimes. Liven up your LBD with floral embroidery and ankle-wrap pumps fit for a dinner date. Finish the look with pink lips, bright nails and a fluffy clutch.

THE FLING

For those who are not completely committed, woo your crush in this low-cut bodysuit and embellished clutch. Keep things classic with tweed shorts and a minimal watch, then add lace-up flats and a matching lip for some Valentine’s Day vivacity.

THE PERPETUALLY SINGLE

You still have to wear clothes on Feb. 14, so why not use the opportunity to celebrate your cynicism? Rock an all-black outfit with rose embroidery as if to say, in the most soul-crushingly monotone voice possible, “I am aware it’s Valentine’s Day.” Complete the look with killer stilettos, galactic nails and a book-shaped clutch that reminds you of your ex.

Haley Walker

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...