Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Sprinters lead Hurricanes in Meyo Invitational

The Miami Hurricanes track and field sprinters dominated at the Meyo Invitational at the University of Notre Dame over the weekend.

Miami is now home to the second-fastest women’s 4x400m relay team in the country. Aiyanna Stiverne, Brittny Ellis, Michelle Atherley and Shakima Wimbley won the event, clocking in at 3:31.88 – the second fastest in school history.

Wimbley secured first place in the women’s 200m, smashing an 11-year-old meet record with a time of 23.19 seconds.

Sophomore Isaiah Taylor won the 60m dash with a personal-best time of 6.77 seconds to crack the UM all-time top five in the event.

Senior Ebony Morrison ran a season-best 8.17 seconds in a third-place finish in the women’s 60m hurdles.

In long distance, Gabrielle Hesslau broke the school record in the women’s 5000m with a time of 16:51.38. She previously set the record in the ACC Indoor Championships last season. Sean Grossman set a school record in the men’s 5000m – the time of 14:41.46 broke the record set nearly a decade ago.

Carlos Mangum led the way in field events, throwing a season-best 21.22m to finish second in the men’s weight throw.

The teams previewed the environment of the upcoming ACC Indoor Championships.

Miami will next compete at the Tiger Paw Invitational at Clemson University on Friday and Saturday.

Chloe Harrison

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...