Edge, Food, Music

Weekend Watch: Miami Heat, Chili Cook-Off, Super Bowl, Yo-Yo Ma, Festival Miami

Miami Heat

The Miami Heat will play the Philadelphia 76ers at the AmericanAirlines Arena. The game will also be aired on television on FS-SUN and on the radio on 790 AM. Tickets range from $35 to $315.

7:30 p.m. Feb. 4

601 Biscayne Blvd.

786-777-1000

Chili Cook-Off at Pinecrest Gardens

Pinecrest Gardens is hosting its Annual Chili Cook-Off, featuring live country music, line-dancing, beautiful gardens and delicious food. General admission is $5.

12-5 p.m. Feb. 4

11000 S. Red Road

305-669-6990

Super Bowl Sunday

The New England Patriots play the Atlanta Falcons in the 51st Super Bowl. You can watch the game at the Rathskeller or any sports grill in Miami. The Albion Hotel will host its own watch party with a 30-foot projector, giant Jenga, a swimming pool and food. Admission is free.

Games starts at 6:30 p.m., doors open at 2 p.m. Feb. 5

1650 James Ave.

305-913-1000

Cleveland Orchestra Miami: Yo-Yo Ma Plays Dvořák

Yo-Yo Ma, world-renowned cellist, will join the Cleveland Orchestra at the Arsht Center to perform classical music from the Czech artist Antonín Leopold Dvořák. Tickets start at $149.

7 p.m. Feb. 3

1300 Biscayne Blvd.

305-949-6722

Festival Miami

Festival Miami continues this weekend with music from Jon Secada, Bruce Hornsby and Kevin Kenner. Secada will be joined by the Frost Studio Jazz Band to perform music from Benny Moré, a Cuban performer. Students can sign up for the waitlist to see him. Hornsby will perform with the Henry Mancini Institute Orchestra. Kenner is a pianist who plays classical music, including that of Frédéric Chopin. All events will be at Gusman Concert Hall, and tickets start at $35.

Jon Secada: 8 p.m. Feb. 3

Bruce Hornsby: 8 p.m. Feb. 4

Kevin Kenner: 4 p.m. Feb. 5

Esther Ponce De Leon

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...