Football, Sports

10 early football recruits enroll for spring semester

Hurricanes football may be in the off-season, but the program is already making moves for the future.

According to a HurricaneSports press release, Miami welcomes 10 early enrollees from the 2017 recruiting class, seven of whom are from Florida. The recruits are enrolled as full-time students this semester while participating in off-season conditioning to prepare for spring football.

“We’re excited about this year’s early enrollees,” Head Coach Mark Richt said in the release. “As a group, they embody the qualities we’re looking for as Hurricanes. These young men will get a head start on all aspects of our off-season program, which will give them the opportunity to compete right away.”

The list includes four-star recruits Robert Burns, Amari Carter and DeeJay Dallas.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Karin Wilkins, dean of the University of Miami School of Communication, examines the challenges faci ...

The new testing effort, announced Friday by Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez, will use a finger prick to chec ...

A University of Miami scientist is awarded a Pew grant to study coral reef restoration in the Caribb ...

How the choices made by Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl during the Holocaust changed the course ...

A medical specialist with the University of Miami Health System and the Miller School of Medicine ha ...