Football, Sports

10 early football recruits enroll for spring semester

Hurricanes football may be in the off-season, but the program is already making moves for the future.

According to a HurricaneSports press release, Miami welcomes 10 early enrollees from the 2017 recruiting class, seven of whom are from Florida. The recruits are enrolled as full-time students this semester while participating in off-season conditioning to prepare for spring football.

“We’re excited about this year’s early enrollees,” Head Coach Mark Richt said in the release. “As a group, they embody the qualities we’re looking for as Hurricanes. These young men will get a head start on all aspects of our off-season program, which will give them the opportunity to compete right away.”

The list includes four-star recruits Robert Burns, Amari Carter and DeeJay Dallas.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...