Blogs, The View

The View: The Start of Second Semester as told by “New Girl”

Since returning home for the winter break, it feels like forever since we’ve been at school and done anything productive. Second semester isn’t just about adjusting to your new schedule, but also actually doing work again after a much-needed month off.

No show better explains all of our struggles as well as “New Girl.” Even Jessica Day, who somehow goes to school every day bright and peppy as ever, sometimes feels our pain.

Feeling refreshed and ready to take on a busy semester – but only for a moment.

Adjusting to having work for classes again feels like the worst punishment in the world.

Getting homework on or before the first day of class feels exactly like this:

Finding out your final is cumulative makes you consider dropping out of college entirely.

Remembering that you’re back at school and your parents aren’t there to help with laundry.

Struggling to do just the absolute minimum.

Trying to lose the weight you definitely gained over the holidays, and hating every second of it.

Forcing your friends to drag you to the gym for some external motivation, but in all honesty:

Realizing you are responsible for acting like a real adult again.

But even getting up in the morning is a lot to ask.

When your friends try to make you feel better about your 18 credits.

And when you finally make it through the week…

Samantha Ulin

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...