Blogs, The View

The View: The Start of Second Semester as told by “New Girl”

Since returning home for the winter break, it feels like forever since we’ve been at school and done anything productive. Second semester isn’t just about adjusting to your new schedule, but also actually doing work again after a much-needed month off.

No show better explains all of our struggles as well as “New Girl.” Even Jessica Day, who somehow goes to school every day bright and peppy as ever, sometimes feels our pain.

Feeling refreshed and ready to take on a busy semester – but only for a moment.

Adjusting to having work for classes again feels like the worst punishment in the world.

Getting homework on or before the first day of class feels exactly like this:

Finding out your final is cumulative makes you consider dropping out of college entirely.

Remembering that you’re back at school and your parents aren’t there to help with laundry.

Struggling to do just the absolute minimum.

Trying to lose the weight you definitely gained over the holidays, and hating every second of it.

Forcing your friends to drag you to the gym for some external motivation, but in all honesty:

Realizing you are responsible for acting like a real adult again.

But even getting up in the morning is a lot to ask.

When your friends try to make you feel better about your 18 credits.

And when you finally make it through the week…

Samantha Ulin

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...