Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Miami exhibits strong individual performances in NCAA South Regional Championships

Junior Sean Grossman and redshirt junior Gabrielle Hesslau earned career-best times as the Hurricanes cross country teams competed in the annual NCAA South Regional Championships on Friday. The men’s team competed in the 10k race and the women’s team ran the 6k.

Hesslau finished 41st in the event out of 212 total competitors and recorded the best time of her career at 21:18.2.

Miami’s next two finishers in the women’s 6k were sophomore Anne Den Otter and junior Mulloy Manning who chalked up times of 22:26.5 and 23:26.6, respectively. Despite strong individual performances, the women’s team as a whole finished 25th out of 30 teams.

On the men’s team, Grossman’s impressive time of 31:53.6, a career-best, was enough to earn him 48th place in the 10k event. Grossman’s time ranks sixth all time in school history.

Grossman was accompanied by seniors Nick Kaleel and Jon Keller atop the school’s times, and the two finished ranked 131st and 97th, respectively. However, Miami as a team placed 19th out of 21 teams, only beating USF and FAU.

Carson Coudriet

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...