Blogs, Election 2016, UBuzz

Donald Trump’s election stirs protest at University of Miami

Marcus Lim // Assistant News Editor

Students protest at the University of Miami on Friday, days after Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton to become president-elect. Marcus Lim // Assistant News Editor

After a contentious election cycle, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump became president-elect after defeating former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The results of the election, however, have stirred people who were against Trump to protest at the University of Miami on Friday.

Marcus Lim // Assistant News Editor

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...