Basketball, Sports

Rashad Muhammad suspended for 3 games

Miami redshirt junior guard Rashad Muhammad has been suspended three games following the violation of team rules. The exact reason for the disciplinary action has not been released.

Muhammad will be eligible to play his first game as a Hurricane on Nov. 24 when the team travels to Orlando to face off against Stanford in the first round of the AdvoCare Invitational.

Miami is set to play its first regular season game against Western Carolina at 7 p.m. on Friday at the Watsco Center.

Isa Didio

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...