Football, Sports, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball

Sports Roundup: football, volleyball, swimming and diving

Football

Miami has lost four straight games after starting the season with a record of 4-0. The Hurricanes are looking for a much-needed victory in their Homecoming game against a tough Pittsburgh team. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.

Volleyball

The team is on its best streak of the season with three wins in a row. It will face a big test on Friday when No. 12 North Carolina comes to Coral Gables. The match is set for 7 p.m., and Miami will also face off against NC State at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Both games will take place at the Knight Sports Complex.

Swimming and Diving

After performing well in the quad meet hosted by Notre Dame last week, highlighted by a first place finish by junior diver Wally Layland in the 3-meter event with a score of 325.30, the swimming and diving team will compete against Princeton at 1 p.m. on Friday at the UC Pool.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

Miami evened its record with a win over Central Michigan. Now, a quarter of the way through the seas ...

The Hurricanes forced three turnovers and held off a hard-fought effort from Central Michigan, defea ...

Daevenia Achong of the Miami women's tennis team won a pair of matches Sunday to reach the Milw ...

The Hurricanes hung on for a 17-12 win over Central Michigan, but acknowledged there are things they ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up action Sunday at the Miami Fall Invite, posting a 3-1 ...