Football, Sports, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball

Sports Roundup: football, volleyball, swimming and diving

Football

Miami has lost four straight games after starting the season with a record of 4-0. The Hurricanes are looking for a much-needed victory in their Homecoming game against a tough Pittsburgh team. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.

Volleyball

The team is on its best streak of the season with three wins in a row. It will face a big test on Friday when No. 12 North Carolina comes to Coral Gables. The match is set for 7 p.m., and Miami will also face off against NC State at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Both games will take place at the Knight Sports Complex.

Swimming and Diving

After performing well in the quad meet hosted by Notre Dame last week, highlighted by a first place finish by junior diver Wally Layland in the 3-meter event with a score of 325.30, the swimming and diving team will compete against Princeton at 1 p.m. on Friday at the UC Pool.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine students hung 3,000 posters in Wynwood last weekend to ...

Life on Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas is striving to get back to normal, but the scars of Hurric ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.