Football, Sports, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball

Sports Roundup: football, volleyball, swimming and diving

Football

Miami has lost four straight games after starting the season with a record of 4-0. The Hurricanes are looking for a much-needed victory in their Homecoming game against a tough Pittsburgh team. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.

Volleyball

The team is on its best streak of the season with three wins in a row. It will face a big test on Friday when No. 12 North Carolina comes to Coral Gables. The match is set for 7 p.m., and Miami will also face off against NC State at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Both games will take place at the Knight Sports Complex.

Swimming and Diving

After performing well in the quad meet hosted by Notre Dame last week, highlighted by a first place finish by junior diver Wally Layland in the 3-meter event with a score of 325.30, the swimming and diving team will compete against Princeton at 1 p.m. on Friday at the UC Pool.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

Shaquille Quarterman waited less than 24 hours after Michael Pinckney announced he was returning for ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

Muslim Students of the University of Miami will hold a prayer service at 12:45 p.m. Friday at the La ...

The theme of the 48th annual Women’s Commission Breakfast keynote address, delivered by Dean Laura K ...

Sophomore Aloki Patel, a double major in Biology and Criminology in the pre-med track, spent spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

Make no mistake about it – the college paths of this dynamic Miami offensive duo are as stark in con ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg captured the first NCAA postseason recognition o ...

It is hard not to think of Miami's Amy Deem when you think of trail blazers in the track and f ...

Friday will be the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Game, while Saturday is Bark in the Park. ...