News Briefs 11/3: Homecoming, Election Day

Homecoming 

Alma Mater Finals – The Rock, 10:45 a.m.

Homecoming concert with D.R.A.M. and Marshmello – The concert will be held at the Watsco Center, formerly known as the BankUnited Center. Admission is free for students, tickets are required for entry. The concert is open to faculty, staff and alumni, but closed to the general public unless you have a guest ticket.

When: Doors open at 7 p.m. Concert will begin at 8 p.m. 

Homecoming Parade and Hurricane Howl – The parade, which runs across Merrick Drive and Stanford Drive, will showcase more than 40 student organizations. Hurricane Howl features food trucks, a block party, boat burning ceremony and fireworks, and will take place on Stanford Drive, Merrick Drive and around Lake Osceola, respectively. Admission is free.

When: Food trucks and block party at 6 p.m. Parade at 7 p.m. Boat burning ceremony will begin at 8:30 p.m, immediately followed by fireworks. 

Election Day 

Vote on Tuesday, Nov. 8 at your designated polling place. The Watsco Center, formerly the BankUnited Center, is a Miami-Dade County voting station.

Multiple Election Night watch parties will be happening around campus Tuesday night:

• Political science professors Joseph Uscinski, Casey Klofstad and Rudy Fernandez, who teach “The Election” class, will broadcast coverage from major networks on several large screens throughout the Watsco Center Fieldhouse.  Political analysts, special guests and live media coverage will be present. The event will begin at 6:30 p.m.
  • UM’s Get Out The Vote (GOTV) and the Division of Student Affairs will host a full day of events at the Rathskeller, beginning at 12 p.m. The watch party will begin at 9 p.m. 
  • There will also be an inflatable screen with the election night results Tuesday night on the Hecht-Stanford Bridge.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...