Election 2016, News

Early voting could determine outcome in tight race

Trump must win the state in order to earn 270 electoral votes, but early signs suggest the state is a toss-up. Clinton was leading the state consistently, however her lead has winnowed. Trump is now seen with an average of a 0.5 point lead as of Oct. 31, according to Real Clear Politics.

Democrats historically receive more votes through early in-person voting, but right now the margin between the parties is razor thin.

In 2012, 2.4 million early in-person votes were cast in Florida. This state is always won or lost by a close margin.

Early voting will be open in Florida until Sunday, Nov. 6. There are more than 30 polling places in South Florida, all accessible for registered voters with a government-issued I.D.

For tips on where to go and what to know before you get out the vote, and a breakdown of what is on the Florida ballot, check out the Election 2016 section of our website.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

Dana Franco

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur

University of Miami President Julio Frenk joins ecologist Simon Levin for a webinar that will explor

The Miami Herbert Business School announced that a student-led committee will commission artwork for

A tireless physician who was always on call, Dr. Sayfie made patients partners in their care.

The temporary move to drop standardized testing requirements will hopefully eliminate some of the st