Opinion, Satire

Satire: HP disguises student DJ as Marshmello according to email leak

In early October, Hurricane Productions (HP) announced that popular producer and D.J. Marshmello would headline the annual Homecoming Concert. The concert, scheduled for Thursday, has been met with enthusiastic anticipation from the University of Miami community. As the hub for Electronic Dance Music in the U.S., it is fitting to host a rising star in the genre. Along with his high energy EDM mixes, Marshmello’s unique masked persona ensures a quality show every time.

Unfortunately, leaked emails exchanged between HP officials show that the university did not book Marshmello at all.

In a series of three emails (below), HP president and vice president plan to have a student perform in a costume instead.

screen-shot-2016-11-01-at-8-35-13-pm

“Chili Pep” likely refers to aspiring student D.J. Charlie Pink. Pink, sophomore, also goes by the monikers “The Pink Panther,” “Kid Party” and “CP the MC.” Charlie Pink regularly D.J.s off-campus parties and is known among UM students for his tendency to awkwardly attempt crowd surfing in crowds of fewer than ten people. When contacted by The Miami Hurricane, Pink responded with, “Check out my SoundCloud.”

It is unclear how administration will respond to these new email revelations.

Conner Barrett is a sophomore majoring in political science.

Featured image courtesy Wikimedia Commons.

Conner Barrett

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...