Election 2016, News

Notes for the Vote: Things to know before you touch the ballot

Jackie Yang // Managing Editor

To be safe, plan to spend at least 30 minutes in the polling place. Wait times will be longer on Election Day.

Bring a form of government-issued photo identification that contains your birthday and your signature.

In the voting booth, be prepared and read carefully. Look at a sample ballot beforehand. For more obscure provisions, use sites like Ballotpedia and check recommendations from your local newspapers and political organizations.

Voters can abstain from any provision on the ballot.

In the state of Florida, any form of photography or videography is strictly prohibited in the voting booths.

University of Miami’s chapter of Get Out The Vote has partnered with other campus groups to organize free transportation to early voting at the Coral Gables Library. The shuttles will transport voters to Coral Gables Library from Stanford Circle, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 1 and Nov. 2.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...