Election 2016, News

Notes for the Vote: Things to know before you touch the ballot

Jackie Yang // Managing Editor

To be safe, plan to spend at least 30 minutes in the polling place. Wait times will be longer on Election Day.

Bring a form of government-issued photo identification that contains your birthday and your signature.

In the voting booth, be prepared and read carefully. Look at a sample ballot beforehand. For more obscure provisions, use sites like Ballotpedia and check recommendations from your local newspapers and political organizations.

Voters can abstain from any provision on the ballot.

In the state of Florida, any form of photography or videography is strictly prohibited in the voting booths.

University of Miami’s chapter of Get Out The Vote has partnered with other campus groups to organize free transportation to early voting at the Coral Gables Library. The shuttles will transport voters to Coral Gables Library from Stanford Circle, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 1 and Nov. 2.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The 2019-20 college basketball season is more than six months away, but the University of Miami Hurr ...

The University of Miami spring game Saturday will be here before you know it, and right about now, c ...

With about a third of the regular season left, the Miami Hurricanes baseball team is on the rise and ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

Because of expected inclement weather, Thursday's game time has been moved up one hour to 5 p.m ...

Michelle Atherley earned the University of Miami track and field program's fourth ACC outdoor h ...

Canes' recruiting class now stands 25th in 247Sports Composite Ranking. ...

Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the signing of Moulayna Joh ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Championship action Thu ...