Election 2016, News

Notes for the Vote: Things to know before you touch the ballot

Jackie Yang // Managing Editor

To be safe, plan to spend at least 30 minutes in the polling place. Wait times will be longer on Election Day.

Bring a form of government-issued photo identification that contains your birthday and your signature.

In the voting booth, be prepared and read carefully. Look at a sample ballot beforehand. For more obscure provisions, use sites like Ballotpedia and check recommendations from your local newspapers and political organizations.

Voters can abstain from any provision on the ballot.

In the state of Florida, any form of photography or videography is strictly prohibited in the voting booths.

University of Miami’s chapter of Get Out The Vote has partnered with other campus groups to organize free transportation to early voting at the Coral Gables Library. The shuttles will transport voters to Coral Gables Library from Stanford Circle, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 1 and Nov. 2.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...