Election 2016, News

Notes for the Vote: Things to know before you touch the ballot

Jackie Yang // Managing Editor

To be safe, plan to spend at least 30 minutes in the polling place. Wait times will be longer on Election Day.

Bring a form of government-issued photo identification that contains your birthday and your signature.

In the voting booth, be prepared and read carefully. Look at a sample ballot beforehand. For more obscure provisions, use sites like Ballotpedia and check recommendations from your local newspapers and political organizations.

Voters can abstain from any provision on the ballot.

In the state of Florida, any form of photography or videography is strictly prohibited in the voting booths.

University of Miami’s chapter of Get Out The Vote has partnered with other campus groups to organize free transportation to early voting at the Coral Gables Library. The shuttles will transport voters to Coral Gables Library from Stanford Circle, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 1 and Nov. 2.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...