Football, Sports

Miami and Virginia Tech trade blows in third period, Hokies up 30-16

Virginia Tech went on a four play, 70-yard drive early in the third period that was capped off by a 12-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Jerod Evans to tight end Bucky Hodges.

Miami came right back with a scoring drive of its own, going 75 yards on seven plays that led to a 35-yard touchdown catch-and-run by junior tight end Christopher Herndon IV.

The Hokies executed a trick play where fullback Sam Rogers threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to fellow fullback Steven Peoples at the 4:01 mark of the third quarter.

Virginia Tech ends the quarter up 30-16.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah5740

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex