Football, Sports

Miami and Virginia Tech trade blows in third period, Hokies up 30-16

Virginia Tech went on a four play, 70-yard drive early in the third period that was capped off by a 12-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Jerod Evans to tight end Bucky Hodges.

Miami came right back with a scoring drive of its own, going 75 yards on seven plays that led to a 35-yard touchdown catch-and-run by junior tight end Christopher Herndon IV.

The Hokies executed a trick play where fullback Sam Rogers threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to fellow fullback Steven Peoples at the 4:01 mark of the third quarter.

Virginia Tech ends the quarter up 30-16.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah5740

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...