Football, Sports

Miami and Virginia Tech trade blows in third period, Hokies up 30-16

Virginia Tech went on a four play, 70-yard drive early in the third period that was capped off by a 12-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Jerod Evans to tight end Bucky Hodges.

Miami came right back with a scoring drive of its own, going 75 yards on seven plays that led to a 35-yard touchdown catch-and-run by junior tight end Christopher Herndon IV.

The Hokies executed a trick play where fullback Sam Rogers threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to fellow fullback Steven Peoples at the 4:01 mark of the third quarter.

Virginia Tech ends the quarter up 30-16.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah5740

Isa Didio

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...