Best of Miami, Culture, Interactive

Best of UMiami 2016

Design by Savanah DeBrosse

Design by Savanah DeBrosse

Between balancing school, work, your social life and “me” time, life can sometimes feel like a piece of performance art. It’s easy to fall into the routine of hanging out at your favorite, familiar spots and tourist traps, forgetting to explore everything that the 305 has to offer. Miami’s wide variety of festivals, clubs, restaurants, art galleries and more remind us to branch out every now and then.

When you’ve got the urge to try something new, consult The Miami Hurricane’s 2016 edition of Best of UMiami: “Locals Only.” Check out our special Best of UMiami website.

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of