‘Frozen’ actor, Broadway star Josh Gad to stump for Clinton on campus next Friday

Actor Josh Gad, who voiced Olaf the snowman in the 2013 Disney animated musical “Frozen” and originated a lead role in Broadway’s Book of Mormon, will make an appearance on Oct. 7 as a surrogate for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The University of Miami College Democrats will be hosting Gad, according to a Facebook event created on Wednesday night.

Gad, a South Florida native, has been vocal about his support for Clinton. In an interview with Variety magazine in July, Gad said, “She is in my lifetime the most qualified person to run for the presidency. I’m also supporting Hillary for selfish reasons. I would love for my two daughters to be around for the first female president of the United States.”

No other details have been released regarding the time, location and capacity of the event.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Photo courtesy Flickr user Ricky Brigante.

Jackie Yang

Jackie Yang can be reached via email at jyang@themiamihurricane.com.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...