Blogs, Election 2016, UBuzz

UBuzz: UM students share questions they’d ask Clinton, Trump

With the presidential debates underway, TMH asked members of the University of Miami community what questions they’d ask presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, Member Of The Debate Team, Business Law And Real Estate (D)

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, member of the debate team, Business Law/Real Estate

img_3566

Anna Ivanova, Senior, President of the debate team, Russian citizen, Neuroscience/Computer Science

img_4389

Patrick Budisak, Freshman, Biology

Arjun Rao, Sophomore, Software Engineering/Finance

Dave Steinberg, director of UM Debate and professor in the School of Communication

Steinberg believes that both candidates will do a “good job of keeping it boring,” according to a list of his pre-debate observations he handed out at the watch party. Steinberg says Trump’s goals should be to appear presidential and to offer policy specifics, while Clinton should ease concerns about her negatives to offer a positive message about the future.

Sherman Hewitt

Jackie Yang

Jackie Yang can be reached via email at jyang@themiamihurricane.com.

Fueled by changes in communication and storytelling, the School of Communication’s Interactive Media ...

Two new online platforms help University of Miami students discover opportunities to get involved on ...

The deadline to register for the Florida presidential primary is Tuesday, Feb. 18. One student is en ...

A University panel of experts will look at the possible prevention and treatment of opioid addiction ...

As northwestern Europe braces for Storm Dennis, a University of Miami tropical cyclone expert explai ...