Football, Sports

Freshman wide receiver Ahmmon Richards wins Co-Rookie of the Week

Ahmmon Richards

Ahmmon Richards

Freshman wide receiver Ahmmon Richards has been named ACC Offensive Co-Rookie of the Week. This comes after a strong performance against Appalachian State this past weekend in which he caught four balls for 142 yards.

It seems the 6-foot-1, 192-pound wideout has become one of quarterback Brad Kaaya’s favorite options on offense, especially with the long ball. Their connection will be something to continue to watch for the rest of the season.

Isa Didio

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...