Blogs, The View

The View: Musical throwbacks that will make your day

It’s sometimes hard to believe that the early 2000s are far behind us. Let’s look back a decade to around 2006 with this list of the 10 best songs from the time that epitomized our childhood and still make their way into Spotify playlists everywhere. These throwbacks will make you plug in your headphones right this instant while you try to forget you’re a student with real responsibilities.

1. “Fergalicious” by Fergie

You know every single word and you’re going to sing it for everyone to hear.

1. “How to Save a Life” – The Fray

It may remind you of some of the most heartbreaking deaths on “Grey’s Anatomy” #neverforget but it’s still such a classic.

1. “Bad Day” – Daniel Powter

Totally relatable when you spill your coffee everywhere first thing in the morning, have two midterms, a meeting and just never enough time.

1. “Temperature” – Sean Paul

If the lyrics, “I wanna be keeping you warm, I got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm,” doesn’t explain Miami in a sentence, I don’t know what does. The rest of the song may not be English, but it will definitely bring you back to memories of fourth grade.

1. “Hips Don’t Lie” – Shakira

This song probably helped you pass a middle school Spanish class.

1. “Unwritten” – Natasha Bedingfield

Easily the best song to scream-sing to in a convertible like you’d imagine it in a movie.

1. “Everytime We Touch” – Cascada

Whenever this comes on, it’s guaranteed you’ll want to grab the arm of your best friend and immediately sing dramatically to one another on a crowded dance floor.

1. “Move Along” – The All-American Rejects

“When all you’ve got to keep is strong, move along,” can speak to a stressed student on so many levels. The lyrics are much deeper and more meaningful than you remember when you were 10 years old.

1. “Sugar We’re Goin Down” – Fall Out Boy

It may have taken you 10 years to figure out what the chorus’s lyrics are, but this is 100 percent a jam.

1. “Life is a Highway” – Rascal Flatts

By the first beat, there should already be a smile on your face.

The year 2006 was one of fantastic music releases and it doesn’t end at 10 great songs. To listen to more jams that you probably had on your playlist at your elementary school graduation party, check out this playlist.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user FirmBee

Samantha Ulin

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...