Art, Community, Edge, Food, Movies

Weekend Watch 9/8: Flashlight Tour, ‘Mia Madre,’ Auto Show, Wynwood Art Walk, Farmers Market

Hialeah Art in the Dark Flashlight Tour

Join Pérez Art Museum Miami for a free Art in the Dark event with live music, food trucks and more activities Friday, Sept. 9 from 7-10 p.m. at the Milander Center for Arts and Entertainment. Flashlight tours will run at 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

4800 Palm Ave., Hialeah

305-375-3000

‘Mia Madre’ at Cosford Cinema

“Mia Madre” follows the story of Margherita, a film director trying to balance her personal life and her latest movie. The film runs Friday, Sept. 9 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 15. Screenings are free for UM students; $8 for non-UM students, UM alumni, UM employees and seniors; $10 for adults.

5030 Brunson Drive, Memorial Building 227, Coral Gables

305-284-4627

Miami International Auto Show

Starting on Sept. 10 at 2 p.m. and running daily until Sept. 18 at 9 p.m., motor enthusiasts will gather to celebrate modern and vintage vehicles alike. For something a bit more artsy, head to the Car Meets Art exhibit, where artists will use a blank car as a canvas. The event is $15 for adults.

1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach

305-673-7311

Second Saturday Art Walk in Wynwood

Wynwood Art District’s monthly event will continue this Saturday, Sept. 10 from 6-10 p.m. Tourists and locals alike can view dozens of participating galleries for free. Food trucks, live music and bustling crowds liven up the exhibitions. Don’t forget your bug spray.

Wynwood Art District, Miami

305-531-4411

Lincoln Road Farmers Market

Visitors can peruse fresh fruits, veggies, plants, honey, jams and breads, all sold by locals in the beautiful outdoors. Come to the farmers market early to avoid the blazing sun, or stop by in the early evening as dusk hits. The market is open Sunday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Lincoln Road Mall.

738 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach

305-534-9857

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center offers a great place to exercise; but if you can’t make ...

The Miami Climate Symposium 2020: Predicting and Living with Extremes, a three-day event hosted by t ...

A continuation of the “What Matters to U” speaker series, the former Ohio governor will speak to stu ...

Thousands gathered at the University of Miami’s Coral Gables campus for a weekend of creativity and ...

Some of the last uninhabited islands on the planet are serving as a natural laboratory for a Univers ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.