Art, Community, Edge, Food, Movies

Weekend Watch 9/8: Flashlight Tour, ‘Mia Madre,’ Auto Show, Wynwood Art Walk, Farmers Market

Hialeah Art in the Dark Flashlight Tour

Join Pérez Art Museum Miami for a free Art in the Dark event with live music, food trucks and more activities Friday, Sept. 9 from 7-10 p.m. at the Milander Center for Arts and Entertainment. Flashlight tours will run at 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

4800 Palm Ave., Hialeah

305-375-3000

‘Mia Madre’ at Cosford Cinema

“Mia Madre” follows the story of Margherita, a film director trying to balance her personal life and her latest movie. The film runs Friday, Sept. 9 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 15. Screenings are free for UM students; $8 for non-UM students, UM alumni, UM employees and seniors; $10 for adults.

5030 Brunson Drive, Memorial Building 227, Coral Gables

305-284-4627

Miami International Auto Show

Starting on Sept. 10 at 2 p.m. and running daily until Sept. 18 at 9 p.m., motor enthusiasts will gather to celebrate modern and vintage vehicles alike. For something a bit more artsy, head to the Car Meets Art exhibit, where artists will use a blank car as a canvas. The event is $15 for adults.

1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach

305-673-7311

Second Saturday Art Walk in Wynwood

Wynwood Art District’s monthly event will continue this Saturday, Sept. 10 from 6-10 p.m. Tourists and locals alike can view dozens of participating galleries for free. Food trucks, live music and bustling crowds liven up the exhibitions. Don’t forget your bug spray.

Wynwood Art District, Miami

305-531-4411

Lincoln Road Farmers Market

Visitors can peruse fresh fruits, veggies, plants, honey, jams and breads, all sold by locals in the beautiful outdoors. Come to the farmers market early to avoid the blazing sun, or stop by in the early evening as dusk hits. The market is open Sunday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Lincoln Road Mall.

738 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach

305-534-9857

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...