Football, Sports

Mark Richt confirms lack of role in dismissal of defensive players from Hurricanes

Head Football Coach Mark Richt has confirmed on his WQAM radio show that he did not play a part in the dismissal of former defensive players Jermaine Grace and Al-Quadin Muhammad.

“It’s sad that it happened,” Richt said on the Joe Rose Show. “Somebody had to make the decision. It was made, yeah, by our administration.”

Richt said he was aware of the NCAA investigation, but was not kept highly informed about the issue.

“Yeah, well, I was getting a rough idea of what was happening but I wasn’t totally in the loop,” Richt said. “It was something that had started prior to me getting here actually and it was handled by them.”

The coach talked about how the news is disappointing, but that “the decision had to made.”

Richt said that Director of Athletics Blake James was the one who told players of the news. Due to the busy meeting and practice schedule, the head coach was only able to send a text message instead of speaking to the players face to face.

Isa Didio

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...