Basketball, Sports

Former Miami center Tonye Jekiri signs contract to play in Turkey

Former UM basketball player Tonye Jekiri has officially signed a contract to play professionally for Bandirma Kirmizi, a team in the Turkish Basketball League, according to Eurobasket News.

The 7-foot center graduated from Miami last year after playing four seasons under Head Coach Jim Larrañaga. Jekiri had an impactful final season in which he was voted to the ACC All-Defensive Team and helped the Hurricanes advance to the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA Tournament for the second time in the last four seasons.

Despite the impressive play, Jekiri went undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft and did not make a team after playing in the NBA Pro Summer League this past summer.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex