‘Legend of Zelda’-themed concert to host live performance at Adrienne Arsht Center

A concert tour themed after the "Legend of Zelda" video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP

A concert tour themed after the “Legend of Zelda” video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP.

On Saturday, the highly acclaimed “Symphony of the Goddesses – Master Quest,” a concert tour themed after the beloved “Legend of Zelda” video game series, will be hosting a live performance at Miami’s own Adrienne Arsht Center for a night of celebrating a ubiquitous series of soundtracks.

Consisting of a four-movement symphony playing over footage of gameplay from numerous “Zelda” titles, “Symphony of the Goddesses” offers what can only be described as engrossing and deeply nostalgic with a performance featuring a 56-piece orchestra and a 20-person choir.

While attendees come from all walks of life, those most passionate about “Symphony of the Goddesses” are dedicated gamers, some of whom even dress up as their favorite characters from the series to attend similar performances. “Symphony of the Goddesses” specifically resonates with gamers who grew up listening to the comfortably familiar eight-bit tunes of the original “Legend of Zelda” for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Junior Jesse Winston, an avid video game player and a member of UM’s Video Games Club, will be attending the tour for the third time.

“I finally got around to beating ‘The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask’ last year,” Winston said, referring to the acclaimed game title for the Nintendo 64 system. “I’m really looking forward to the ‘Majora’s Mask’ movement, seeing as I’ll finally be able to make an emotional association to the music.”

Five years ago, “Symphony of the Goddesses” started out as a collection of small shows in Los Angeles, Tokyo and London to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series as well as the launch of its most recent title at the time, “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.” The shows garnered huge momentum and were well-received by gamers and the general public alike.

In January 2012, a yearlong tour kicked off with a lengthy schedule of performances across the globe. Its second tour, known as “Second Quest,” took place the following year and offered a more abundant program of suites and renditions. Following a yearlong hiatus, “Symphony of the Goddesses” officially made its triumphant return with its third tour, the “Master Quest,” which kicked off in January 2015. Following its tremendous success, the tour was extended into 2016.

Tickets for the evening of orchestral renditions are sold online at arshtcenter.org.

Israel Aragon Bravo

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...