‘Legend of Zelda’-themed concert to host live performance at Adrienne Arsht Center

A concert tour themed after the "Legend of Zelda" video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP

A concert tour themed after the “Legend of Zelda” video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP.

On Saturday, the highly acclaimed “Symphony of the Goddesses – Master Quest,” a concert tour themed after the beloved “Legend of Zelda” video game series, will be hosting a live performance at Miami’s own Adrienne Arsht Center for a night of celebrating a ubiquitous series of soundtracks.

Consisting of a four-movement symphony playing over footage of gameplay from numerous “Zelda” titles, “Symphony of the Goddesses” offers what can only be described as engrossing and deeply nostalgic with a performance featuring a 56-piece orchestra and a 20-person choir.

While attendees come from all walks of life, those most passionate about “Symphony of the Goddesses” are dedicated gamers, some of whom even dress up as their favorite characters from the series to attend similar performances. “Symphony of the Goddesses” specifically resonates with gamers who grew up listening to the comfortably familiar eight-bit tunes of the original “Legend of Zelda” for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Junior Jesse Winston, an avid video game player and a member of UM’s Video Games Club, will be attending the tour for the third time.

“I finally got around to beating ‘The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask’ last year,” Winston said, referring to the acclaimed game title for the Nintendo 64 system. “I’m really looking forward to the ‘Majora’s Mask’ movement, seeing as I’ll finally be able to make an emotional association to the music.”

Five years ago, “Symphony of the Goddesses” started out as a collection of small shows in Los Angeles, Tokyo and London to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series as well as the launch of its most recent title at the time, “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.” The shows garnered huge momentum and were well-received by gamers and the general public alike.

In January 2012, a yearlong tour kicked off with a lengthy schedule of performances across the globe. Its second tour, known as “Second Quest,” took place the following year and offered a more abundant program of suites and renditions. Following a yearlong hiatus, “Symphony of the Goddesses” officially made its triumphant return with its third tour, the “Master Quest,” which kicked off in January 2015. Following its tremendous success, the tour was extended into 2016.

Tickets for the evening of orchestral renditions are sold online at arshtcenter.org.

Israel Aragon Bravo

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...