V's Take

Dear V: 5 tips for a smooth summer fling

As the end of spring semester approaches, UM students are anticipating internships, summer jobs and mojitos on the beach.

While slaving away studying for finals, remember to make plans to turn up the heat and break a sweat this summer. Here are five tips for a smooth summer fling:

1. Don’t go back to your high-school ex. No need to stir up old feelings.

2. Stick with Tinder. Don’t search for love you’ll leave come August.

3. Avoid awkward parent intrusions by splurging on a hotel room.

4. Pick someone who helps you have fun and relax; he doesn’t have to be a Ph.D. candidate.

5. Keep things light and flirty. No hour-long phone calls or romantic dates.

Stick to a fun, feeling-free summer, and by the time fall semester swings around, you’ll be ready to get your head back in the UM-dating game.

Advice Columnist

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...