V's Take

Dear V: 5 tips for a smooth summer fling

As the end of spring semester approaches, UM students are anticipating internships, summer jobs and mojitos on the beach.

While slaving away studying for finals, remember to make plans to turn up the heat and break a sweat this summer. Here are five tips for a smooth summer fling:

1. Don’t go back to your high-school ex. No need to stir up old feelings.

2. Stick with Tinder. Don’t search for love you’ll leave come August.

3. Avoid awkward parent intrusions by splurging on a hotel room.

4. Pick someone who helps you have fun and relax; he doesn’t have to be a Ph.D. candidate.

5. Keep things light and flirty. No hour-long phone calls or romantic dates.

Stick to a fun, feeling-free summer, and by the time fall semester swings around, you’ll be ready to get your head back in the UM-dating game.

Advice Columnist

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.