Culture

Edge Briefs 3/28: Miss University of Miami 2016, Yoga on the Rock, Coral Gables Comedy Festival

Miss University of Miami 2016

The Miss UM pageant tradition is back, and contestants will present themselves for the crown on Tuesday as they express their viewpoints, talents and accomplishments. The event is free for UM students with a Cane Card and a $5 donation is requested from guests. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the event starts at 7 p.m.

Yoga on the Rock

Yoga instructor Mia Rafowitz will share mind-body techniques during Tuesday’s yoga class on the Rock beginning at 5 p.m. The class costs $5, and all proceeds will go directly to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Coral Gables Comedy Festival 

Listen to stand-up comedy from more than 30 local comedians at the Coral Gables Comedy Festival, which will be held at the Cosford Cinema Wednesday. Showtimes are 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., and doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 for students and $20 for general admission. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit UM’s School of Communication.

Emily Dabau

Travis Montaque, founder and CEO of Holler.io, will share how understanding his customers helped him ...

The University of Miami’s museum marks an important milestone. ...

Using lidar technology to peer through thick vegetation, researchers are learning more about the lon ...

University Archives invites the community to visit the exhibition at the Otto G. Richter Library bef ...

The University will work with binational members in the U.S. and Mexico to carry out multidisciplina ...