Edge Briefs 3/28: Miss University of Miami 2016, Yoga on the Rock, Coral Gables Comedy Festival

Miss University of Miami 2016

The Miss UM pageant tradition is back, and contestants will present themselves for the crown on Tuesday as they express their viewpoints, talents and accomplishments. The event is free for UM students with a Cane Card and a $5 donation is requested from guests. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the event starts at 7 p.m.

Yoga on the Rock

Yoga instructor Mia Rafowitz will share mind-body techniques during Tuesday’s yoga class on the Rock beginning at 5 p.m. The class costs $5, and all proceeds will go directly to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Coral Gables Comedy Festival 

Listen to stand-up comedy from more than 30 local comedians at the Coral Gables Comedy Festival, which will be held at the Cosford Cinema Wednesday. Showtimes are 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., and doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 for students and $20 for general admission. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit UM’s School of Communication.

Emily Dabau

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

It took much longer than anticipated, but the No. 23 Miami Hurricanes outlasted No. 8 Louisville, 16 ...

Making its fourth straight appearance in the ACC Championship semifinals, the fifth-seeded and No. 2 ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...

Miami was leading, 10-3, when umpires suspended play at 7 p.m. on Friday. ...